Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • DVO Diamond vs Fox 36
  • mactheknife

I will be buying a new set of forks soon, I know which ones I am probably going to go for but I’m still after some other opinions.

Has anyone run them both and if so what were your thoughts.

Cheers

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Hows about a set of Bos Deville, they really are an eye opener.

mactheknife

Yeah I have used them before and really rated them. I can get the fox 2016 from my lbs at a good price along with the DVO. I have a really good relationship with my LBS and would like to support them if possible. They can’t get me the BOS unfortunately

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Oh ok then, I haven’t had experience of the 2015 36s, only 2006 and 2011 and tbh preferred the old original talas so much more.

As for the DVO, they are pretty almost too new to know longevity and what they are like as in upto the job, without having taken a ride on a set, I would hate to be making guesses. 😉

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Personally if you liked the Bos’ and got on with them well then I would get another set in either 160 or 170 whichever suits your needs.

On another note, I cannot wait to try my Dizzy’s next week. 😀

I have tried recent Fox 831 offering and wasn’t overly impressed tbh and would say Fox wouldn’t be the ”to go forks” any more. Too many made and need regular upkeep. They are still great forks, just not the greatest.

I hope this somehow clears some of the smokey haze in choosing a new set of forks.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother with BOS, as someone who has a set. The clearance is laughably crap on the 650b fork. You can’t run a decent mud tyre as there is ~3mm of clearance.

The warranty situation with them is a joke too, if it’s something like a crown replacement (due to the above creaking) which has to come from France there are people waiting 8-10 weeks.

Pike with an avalanche cartridge would be a good shout, if you had a Pike that didn’t have a creaking crown.

I don’t think you can really go wrong with a 36, other than the price. The new fork is pretty awesome. Servicing is more in line with everything else now too.

mactheknife

That’s good to know hob nob. I thought jungle had all the servicing and repairs sorted now for BOS?

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

They do!

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Plus plenty other servicing gurus available for Bos within the UK.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘DVO Diamond vs Fox 36’ is closed to new replies.