Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Dutch speeding 66mph in a 62mph – 45 euros!
  • dannyh
    Free Member

Actually, I’m probably being a bit harsh there. Obviously the locals don’t pay the fines – they just nip down the police station and pay a little bribe whilst only the fine upstanding Brits pay the full amount….

We liberated half of Europe, don’t you know – surely we should be able to drive how we like on the continent.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@geetee well when speeding tickets are outsourced to a “for profit” organisation your mate will wish for the police to take it back

The Fench are really tight on speeding, look at all the speed cameras on motorways to enforce the 130. They also have many more mobile units inc on the motorway – I imagine that’s how jonv got done as the permanent cameras don’t adjust for rain afaik/ime

OP I think the Dutch are one of the countries that will crush your car for really serious speeding !!

alpin
    Free Member

So if you leave your wipers off you can do 130? Even though your visibility is reduced, the one with his wipers ON is only allowed to do 110 and the one with them OFF can do 130. That’s the sort of stupidity you get from smoking weed all day.

Errr, nope. Not quite, Officer. 🙄

speed up. The wind factor should clear the water from the screen via the top of the car.

The irony is that I don’t use my wipers when it’s raining if I’m driving at more than 40mph…. Had a nano coating put on the windshield when I had a replacement. The water justs beads up and runs up the screen.
    Still find it a novelty to drive along in the rain without my wipers (partly because now I don’t get to drive so often).

Edukator
    Free Member

The autoroutes are deadly in light drizle after a period without rain.
    If you don’t want to get caught it’s simple, don’t overtake the gendarmes beacause they go out and cruise at 110 then nick you if you overtake.

A firend got an 80e PV with 51kmh (vitesse retenue) in a 50kmh zone on the ticket. They quote the speed with the error margin deducted so he was really doing 54. He’s police national, he paid up.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Dutch speeding 66mph in a 62mph – 45 euros!’ is closed to new replies.