Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Duster Ti – thanks to ST Classifieds! (Pics)
  • uphilla
    Free Member

Thanks to all those who put up with my "haggling" and offered technical support I have now finished building a bike that may have to last me quite some time….
    After one or two minor puzzles it all works well. – The rear mech hanger is very thin and I found that the mech. mounting screw hit the chain in top gear, so have added a washer.
    I was thinking of treating it to a new set of stickers – but Charge tell me that they will only supply with proof of original purchase.
    The 'Red' theme sort of happened by accident, but thought a bit of colour would not hurt. Cables are a Clarks set, around £10 from Ebay.
    Saddle and seat-post have already been changed, (Slightly to much lay-back), and think maybe smaller tyres and light rims may be fitted when funds allow. Weighs about 24lbs as it stands.

sc-xc

That's nice…and when you get round to making a headtube badge for it, put my name down for one!

uphilla
    Free Member

BB – it did occur to me to make my own badge, but not inspired by the Charge graphics…

sc-xc

Well, I have a duster…that I have no stickers or headtube badge on (I didn't like the graphics). I love the Dialled headtube badge in my Kobe that I got from you a couple of years ago, so if there is anything in the pipeline I would be most interested! 😀

DT78
    Free Member

Very very nice, I would be tempted to swap my steel duster for a ti one if I saw one at a decent price. All the ones I've seen on ebay appear to be people taking the michael asking for £800-900 quoting 2009/10 RRP on older frames which cost the £1k tops.

Could I ask how much you paid for it second hand – email if you don't want it public.

Do you know the weight differences between a ti frame and steel one?

Daffy

Love the crankset forks and frame, but the red is gopping IMO.

Red hubs and Ti? Maybe. Red headset and cables though….?

_tom_
    Free Member

Not a fan of the red either but I bet its a great bike to ride. I almost got a Duster before going back to a Trailstar. How do they ride – only good for XC or could a steel one do a bit of everything comfortably?

tomzo
    Free Member

I think it looks great, apart from the chainstay protector! Get that in black, and its spot on! Bet it rides lovely though…

Daffy

See? No red = lovely

BigDummy
    Free Member

Too much red for my taste as well, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 🙂

c_klein87

thats really nice, wish i'd got one when i had the chance!

uphilla
    Free Member

😀 – Ok, Ok, get the message about the red – already thinking of toning it down, though it does not look quite so OTT in the flesh.
    Not sure of the weight differences, but it feels a better ride than the Ali HT it replaces – reviews suggest it is not as compliant as some Ti frames. Guess it is an Xc frame, but should be capable of more….

chakaping
    Free Member

Not mad on the red myself, but if you're going to stick with it you need a red saddle too.

This one should do the job.

timbercombe
    Free Member

Looks very nice apart from those grips..

epicsteve
    Free Member

As others have said – nice bike but way too much red. I particularily dislike the red cables.

My Ti bike has red hubs but averything else is black or silver.

theflatboy
    Free Member

gorgeous – i love the red, personally!

always like a bit of colour, good work. 😮

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Thats horrid.

It looks like it went out on the piss with a beautician and feel asleep while she went to work with the red nail varnish.
    😐

uphilla
    Free Member

Fascinating the strong reaction to colour 😕 – it is completely out of character for me, but apart from the bottle cage it I think it will stay as it is….

baldSpot
    Free Member

Lovely bike but the red detailing is Krap!

Wally

Being red/green colour blind I just can not see what the fuss is all about.

Sven

I like the red, very nicely done, maybe I would use a different chainstay protector and grips (black with red lock-on rings), but otherwise nice.
    Maybe you could route the cable for the front mech directly rather than through the seat stay gap?!
    Sven

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

"Maybe you could route the cable for the front mech directly rather than through the seat stay gap?!"

+1 with sven, I assume everyone else was too dazzled by the colour to notice.

I've seen a bike cable routed like yours today. Its a 90 quid special our gym is giving away as a new member promo… 😆 Running it next to your rear mech cable and down would probably halve the length of housing needed there and sill give a nice smooth curve.

Amusing that Charge are so up themselves they're worried people will buy their frame decals and put em on other frames…surely if they are that paranoid all they need is the frame number (which I had to give Litespeed many moons ago)

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Duster Ti – thanks to ST Classifieds! (Pics)’ is closed to new replies.