Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Dusk 'til Dawn
  • drofluf
    Free Member

What are conditions like in Thetford at the moment? Can we expect a mudfest?

Also this’ll be my first time, actually first race ever! I’ll be part of a 3 man team so any tips? One lap each? Or several so that the non riders are better rested?

andypaul99
    Free Member

Its fine at the moment only a few puddles undercover on the black route (which have been there all summer 🙂
    I think we would need a lot of rain to wreck the course and according to the long range forecast its looking good. The organisers have also put extra routes in if we are unlucky enough to get another soaking to ease the pain.. but seriously thetford is in great shape currently so nothing to stress over

emac65
    Free Member

There’s no ups no downs just pedally stuff through the trees,it’s really quite boring tbh,oh & there’s no showers & only one tap.

simonbowns
    Free Member

so it’s running drier than last year at the moment?

m1kea
    Free Member

Last year it drizzled / rained all night but wasn’t too muddy per se. That said we’d rather a dry ride this year!

To answer the OP’s Q my first event was in 09 was as a duo and we started on alternating single laps and then a block of two each.

Last year as a trio we did one lap each at a time. Our 3rd man is a strong rider but had no MTB race experience and struggled. Here’s my club write up – http://egcc.net/display-items.php?intItemID=715

Other tips?
    It’s a laugh so don’t take it seriously. It’s character building if its raining!

We shall be packing multiple sets of clothing and I can’t recommend a decent sized tent/gazebo/canopy in order to sit in.

Try and get some shut eye if you can between laps.

c_klein87

I’m back for a second try after 2010 mud fest! looking forward to it, even if its to just start my rest for a few weeks

chris-noble-mtb.blogspot.com/

tonyg2003

I did the 2010 mudfest and a dry dusty 2009. In 2010 it was pretty good conditions right until it started raining just after the start, after which is descended into carnage. Basically you won’t be able to tell until very near the start. Enjoy.

chipps

I missed last year (I think) but I’ve done nearly all of them. Far from being boring, I reckon the best bits of singletrack are some of the funnest, high speed swoopy speeder-bike riding to be found in the UK… Go flat out a lap each – especially if there’s three of you – and don’t forget to eat well between laps.

I’ve not entered, but I feel I should race again. Let me know if anyone’s heading south and needs a race partner. Otherwise it’s ‘cross racing for me…

readikus

Conditions were good in Thetford on Sunday. Forecast is for rain at the end of the week, but dry from Saturday lunchtime onwards. Should be reasonably good – apparently they have designed a more weather-proof course this year. I am quite excited!

Definitely one lap at a time. Lots of clothes and warm food.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Dusk 'til Dawn’ is closed to new replies.