Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dura Ace frame? New one on me…
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

benpinnick

Its probably legit in so much that Shimano do built ‘branded’ bikes for press launches etc, I suspect this came from one of those, but who knows what they actually stuck their stickers on!

lunge

As above, they often brand up frames for product launches and also for neutral service in some races. I have a memory that in the past they used Cannondale frames though that doesn’t look like on.

tomhoward

Iirc the current crop are Spesh Tarmacs could be wrong/out of date though

sq225917
    Free Member

Love that is has DA mechanical on it.

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

…the mechanic there is one of the best in the North East

The hyperbole is strong with this one. However, looking at those bars I’m not convinced.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Giants and Ridleys have also been used so it could be any number of brands underneath the stickers. The frame also says Di2 but the groupset is clearly mechanical. Proves you shouldn’t believe everything you read.

crazy-legs

They’re usually mid-range frames built up either for bike shows or for press launches to showcase the groupset itself. That looks like it might be a cheap Pinarello under that paintjob but the forks don’t quite look right. Maybe a Ridley.

Wouldn’t pay much attention to the Di2 sticker, the yellow frames in the picture above say Di2 but they’re clearly full mechanical Ultegra.

jonnyboi

ts probably legit in so much that Shimano do built ‘branded’ bikes for press launches etc, I suspect this came from one of those, but who knows what they actually stuck their stickers on!

m

Did that come from your extensive knowledge of the bike industry, or the fact that it says “shimano test bike” on the chainstays 😉

benpinnick

I comes from the fact I have ridden a few Shimano test bikes, but you’re right, it does indeed say that too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Dura Ace frame? New one on me…’ is closed to new replies.