Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dura ace 7850 CL – Good value?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Can get them for £495 or SL for £405 – worth the extra £90 if they are a combined Xmas pressie? (won’t be going tubeless anyway) – I hear the New CL’s are comming out soon?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’d keep the £90 myself. I guess it also depends on whether the rest of your bike “merits” the better wheelset – i.e. are there other areas where £90 could get you more weight saving? Would you get more pleasure from say some nice clothing?

anc
    Free Member

Brilliant Wheels for the money, far better than my previous ksyrium sl’s. They are stiff but don’t knock the hell out of you like the kysrium sl’s. If you have a looky on ebay you occasionally get folk selling new sets for around £415. That’s where mine came from look up cyclops1982 see if he/she can still get hold of them. 😉

njee20
    Free Member

They’re a fair bit lighter, but you can build significantly lighter for the same money on the new Stan’s rims.

foxyrider
    Free Member

The hubs get a good write up – so lightness not the major issue and I am sure I can get lighter – I’s prefer these over the RS80 (with ultegras). The reviews sum up what I want in a wheel – good hubs and well sealed, fairly stiff but forgiving (if that makes sense) – good alrounder – as I only use one wheelset for summer and winter on my race bike (have a winter bike with old 15 year old veloce for commuting and bad weather) :).

Cheaper than campag neutron ultras as I had considered those from a previous post – tried a few turns on my 4 year old Aksium race spokes and still not happy – Will go as backup wheels 🙂

Got some cash from expenses and from family for xmas to spend on them so I wanted something that I would enjoy and keep for ages 🙂

bomba
    Free Member

As you’re not going tubeless, I’d stump up the extra for the CL’s. That weight saving is on rotating weight, so is worth the bit extra, IMO. They’re superb wheels. I’ve been running them for about 8 months and they made a huge difference to how my bike rides.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cool – I think I made my mind up – cheers guys 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Actually got the for £490 in the end 🙂

domderbyshire
    Free Member

I run some CLs on my TCR C2 with Michelin Pro Race 3s and my average speed increased on my usual routes by about 1.5 mph. I also use the bike for climbing in the Alps and the weight saving helped in this context. They are great wheels and good value for money.

I think you made a good choice. Enjoy!

ATB, Dom.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cheers Dom – can’t touch them till xmas but they should be here tomorrow – weather depending 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dura ace 7850 CL – Good value?’ is closed to new replies.