Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Dunkeld Enduro 2017
  • dunkeldlocal
    Free Member

The 5th Dunkeld Enduro is almost here, held on Saturday 29th April!

This year is set to have the best course yet with 5 stages on some of the best trails in the country, route is approx 36km with 1350m of ascent and descent and with an estimated minimum timed race time of 14-15mins for the exceedingly quick!

We have something special planned for stage 1, stage 4 and 5 can be seen in the video below. Stage 5 the mast has had a major rebuild and is closed until race day to keep a level playing field. https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=IHt7Z24mxdA

Entries are still open at https://www.sientries.co.uk/list.php?event_id=3299

For further info pics and updates please check out the events facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/DunkeldEnduro/?ref=bookmarks

The Dunkeld Enduro is run by a locals through a local cycling charity, any proceeds go to help developing cycling in the local area and improving the local riding.

thegman67

I have entered again this year,really looking foward to it

kimbers

same weekend as national champs in lakes 😥

poah
    Free Member

I’m thinking about entering as its my weekend off.

Is that you in the video?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I need to get up there, pretty dry atm, mibbe head up on sunday…

dunkeldlocal
    Free Member

Everything is dry and dusty in Dunkeld at the moment!, looking like that may continue till race day too! If your out and about riding in Dunkeld, please keep off the mast track as its still closed for use. There is still ongoing works and the local riders put in alot of free time into building and maintaining the network of trails, please respect any closures.

There are even rumours that the darkest depth of Craig Vin are mud free too!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If mast is closed, I’ll maybe head elsewhere on sunday then.

Northwind

If the weather holds I guess I’ll try and get up for this, I nearly drowned at the SES so it’d be nice to see some of the trails without a foot of porridge on them 😆

legend
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    If mast is closed, I’ll maybe head elsewhere on sunday then.

2 other trails up there though.

Ankle surgery means I’ll be lucky to see the area again before August

moonsaballoon

Entry not in yet but i will be there . Had a good time last year , pink floyd was a great stage . If the weather stays good should be a good day , if anything last year was a bit to hot

Johnbot
    Free Member

Booked up as soon as I could this year, was a bit worried about entry numbers which seemed to stay quite low for a long time.
    Probably the best day’s riding last year. My rad race edit from 2016

poah
    Free Member

should come with a language warning lol

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Are any of the stages the same as the SES ones? I’ve a feeling it’s not the same as the first time the enduro ran.

dunkeldlocal
    Free Member

YoKaiser, there are few bits that are the same, but none of the stages are the same as the SES round last year, they are however much more “Enduro” than the first year we ran it. The SES in Dunkeld was a harder and more technical course than what we run, but it probably was one of the hardest Enduro’s going in terms of difficulty in the wet conditions they had. Our course certainly isn’t easy, but it’s designed to be run blind so you won’t find something to fully kill you unexpectedly, just make you excited to be on a bike. You can expect the trails to be as difficult as a normal SES round, but with less pedalling in the actual stage its self, we try and keep any uphills to a minimum in the stage.

Nobeerinthefridge, only the mast trail is closed on Newtyle the other two are open along with the rest around the hills, Craig Vinean is riding particularly good just now as it takes ages to dry out, and it’s currently very dry!

LD
    Free Member

Trails definitely dry, not that that’s not obvious. Will be some quick racing, not by me tho. Have fun everyone.
    When’s the kids races?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUvf_E5d3OE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

poah
    Free Member

Not likely to be dry at the weekend if the forecast stays as it is

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sod it, I’m in.

poah
    Free Member

not for me, been vomiting all day so can’t see be being fit for the weekend 🙁

dunkeldlocal
    Free Member

Provisional forecast is dry and dusty

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You’re new in Scotland aren’t you? 24 hours is a long range weather forecast, 72 hours is just madness….. 😆

poah
    Free Member

ha ha ha

dunkeldlocal
    Free Member

Lol all too familiar with it, more just hopefull! Joking aside we are much luckier with the weather in these parts than over in the West.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lets hope so matey!.

Talked 3 folk into entering yesterday, really looking forward to it, I’ve never ridden Dunkeld before.

dunkeldlocal
    Free Member

If you have never ridden here before, then your in for a treat! The trails are currently at there finest with alot of work been done over last few months, course packs abit of everything in that Dunkeld offers, you wont be disappointed!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, spent a good hour last night poring over Gopro youtube stuff, looks ace, just one of those places I’ve been meaning to go, but never got round to it.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Its all running sweet up there at the minute,was up at the weekend, Ive been up a few times including the 2015 enduro,which was the 1st time I rode the stuff at the mast including the Rudder some of the stuff is lovely but can be fairly full on in places,needs commitment, when riding it blind it can be pretty scary 😯

Northwind

Looks like i’ll be hung over on sunday, probably best not 😆

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s on Saturday Northy!

Northwind

Oh! Well I’ll be getting drunk on saturday

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

😆

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Looks really ace, but as we all know Gopro flattens stuff out…

BoardinBob

He’s making that look very easy.

it’s not!

Northwind

If Scotty’s riding something cautiously and steadily like that, it’s probably incredibly deadly 😆

doubledunter
    Free Member

He’s making that look very easy.

it’s not!

^^^This 😯

poah
    Free Member

maybe you guys just aren’t as good as you think you are 😛

michael1275
    Free Member

Its my first time riding and racing this weekend. Proper blind. Was thinking of parking in north carpark to be near town. Is it pay and display? Hows the nightlife on a sat night. Excited by the videos trails look amazing. ROAD TRIP!!

legend
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    If Scotty’s riding something cautiously and steadily like that, it’s probably incredibly deadly

Bloody Cairn to Cottage…….. I hate that trail 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

At least the toughest is stage 1. No doubt I will

– forget my goggles
    – Have shock locked out
    – Have helmet too slack, so it ends up over my eyes
    – ride like a total ****

Like I do on stage 1 at every race!

poah
    Free Member

my youngest is still vomiting so I’m unlikely to even get to mince round mugdock

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Dunkeld Enduro 2017’ is closed to new replies.