• This topic has 22 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Si.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Dunkeld Enduro.
  • mactheknife

Thats my entry in, really looking forward to this one again. Anyone else in??

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Loved it last year so entry was in as soon as they opened, can’t wait!

mactheknife

Aye doug, its a great wee event. The first year was good but last years stages were bloody fantastic.

It will be interesting to see what the new stage runs like this year.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

You ridden it? Seen in photos, looks fun!

mactheknife

Na i have not ridden it. I like having a stage equalizer on the day where mostly everybody is riding one stage blind.

I was up Birnam hill messing about during the week and that stage has just got better and better as its been ridden in.

neil29679
    Free Member

Signed up the other day. Did the first year, how did the stages differ last year?

mactheknife

The first stage from the first year was dropped and a new stage from the top of Birnam hill was built. Its a fantastic descent.

Also the stage from the mast had 2 new sections built which again changed it for the better. Much more fun to ride.

There was also a new stage in Craigvinean forest that was pretty ninja in 1 place but i never heard a bad word mentioned about it. It just caught me by surprise.

Si
    Free Member

Links to photos of new stage anywhere?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

mac is the new stage in craigvinean by any chance next to a burn? Riding there tomorrow…any fresh lines would be great.:-) Not entering the enduro sadly but do love biking up there

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

I’m told its from the mast, though sounds like there’s fresh trails all over the place up there at the moment.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Going bonkers blue in the morning, see if it rides any faster when it’s not icy 🙂

mactheknife

glasgowdan, nope its not but to be honest i have not explored much over in the forest side much.

Ill be riding on Sunday down there, ill keep my eyes peeled 🙂

mactheknife

Thats the entries closing tonight. Had a last wee ride round the trails today and they are running so well. Dry and grippy. 🙂

goodgrief
    Free Member

So much for the “blind” format.

mactheknife

Na the trails are generally pretty well known, apart from one that is brand new and there are signs up asking people not to ride it.

I have raced the last 2 and to be honest the guys who are doing the trailbuilding are doing an amazing job. The one they put in for last year from the top of Birnam hill is one of my favourite descents anywhere.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Big flat drifty corners then into the quarry, good descent, just a crap climb. Where’s the new trail? Not entered but keen to give it a go next time I’m up

mactheknife

Yea there is no good way up to the top of Birnam hill 🙁

The new one is pretty much next to the other one going from the top of the mast, i had a wander down this evening for a peek and there is a lot of work gone into it.

The weather is holding for Saturday which is just peachy 🙂

Si
    Free Member

No Cairn to Cottage this year which is disappointing… A hell of a trail to throw into a ‘blind’ enduro race!

Also I quite like the Birnam Hill climb from the path adjacent of the bottom of the finish of the descent. All just on the right side of cleanable in one go… Just

mactheknife

Si, cairn to cottage is my nemesis. I just cannot get that off camber right hander. It’s a bloody good trail though. 😯 what a surprise to fly into that blind last year at race pace 😛

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Disappointing at lack of C2C descent, but not that mind numbing climb to the top! Had heard they were planning upper section of C2C into the mid/lower DH track which sounded ace, but ran out of building time. One for next year hopefully.

poah
    Free Member

would have entered but broke my collar bone last week 🙁

mactheknife

Ooft,thats nae good poah. Luckily they heal very quickly. 🙂

Si
    Free Member

Haha that’s a corner and a half Mac… More so the left hander into the drop into the second left hander after now the dirt has been eroded away!!

I’d be dissapointed at only half c2c. Much better trail in its entirety than half and half the Dh. I’m actually not racing but the thought of climbing to the masts twice is a bit dull. Set your mind to it and the c2c climb is surprisingly quick.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Dunkeld Enduro.’ is closed to new replies.