Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dune vs Wazoo
  • gastromonkey
    Free Member

In the world of cheap fat bikes which is the best? I’m looking for a fun bike to ride to town / work / pub / with family. But it could also be used for fun riding on trails. So it’s a do everything bike.

johnnystorm

Stretch your budget and get a Cooker Maxi from Wiggle with 30% off?

/not helping

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I’ve got the wazoo and I like it a lot, however there are a couple of niggles. The main one being the 10 speed front mech that is fitted to an 8 speed bike. No matter how you set it up the mech will rub in the extremities. The standard tyres are shite. At low pressure they self steer really badly and the tread really isn’t that good for trail riding. That said I still had fun on it.
    I’ve now gone 1 X 10 and fitted a pair of floaters and the bike feels very different. It’s still a good as ever on the beach but now it can actually be ridden off road in anger without it trying to kill me. Even with the niggles out of the box it’s still a good value bike.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Wazoo at £400, unless you have thoughts of Bluto upgrade. But get some replacement tyres and a stem/bar to raise the front end.

dahedd
    Free Member

I had been tempted to get the Dune but my wife & kids beat me to it & got me a Wazoo for fathers day. Love the bike, so different to ride.

But I’d agree with all of the above. Tyres have a lot of self steer & to avoid me getting a sore back I’m going to fit riser bars on it asap. On-One is gonna love me, my credit card won’t though.

reformedfatty
    Free Member

The main one being the 10 speed front mech that is fitted to an 8 speed bike. No matter how you set it up the mech will rub in the extremities

For balance, I have zero problems with the front mech on mine.

Which may be related to the fact that I replaced the shifters with some sram x5 ones I had lying around to get rid of the indicator windows and tidy up the bars.

Northwind

IMO it comes down to, Wazoo is a slightly better option out of the box, based on price etc. But the Dune has ridiculous potential, just that it’s a little held back by the shortcuts in the spec, especially the brakes (used to be the Dune’s tyres were a huge bonus, can’t speak for the juggernaut pros though… But even if they suck I’d expect to be able to sell them for a reasonable price, unlike the Wazoo’s)

slackman99
    Free Member

Anyone know the maximum tyre width the Wazoo will take? I’m tempted by either a Wazoo or Dune. Would probably prefer the Dune due to 5″ tyre capability, and tapered head tube. In reality, i’ll never fit a Bluto, so tapered might not be a deal breaker, so the Wazoo price is tempting me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dune vs Wazoo’ is closed to new replies.