Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Duncan Bannatyne
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Worlds’s biggest ****?

rOcKeTdOg

rich **** though

Oxboy
    Free Member

I dont know, I think Gordon Brown and/or the cabinet would give him run for his money!

Sillyoldhector
    Free Member

I wish the **** would stop texting me about joining his ****ing gym!

djglover
    Free Member

One of the…

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

For that reason – I’m out

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Got rich selling stuff from ice cream vans around schemes in Edinburgh. Must have sold a lot of 99s.

rj
    Free Member

Looked at joining one of his gyms, but couldn’t get a big enough mortgage. Monthly payment makes an XT cassette look cheap.

So yes, utter twunt.

grumm
    Free Member

In the words of Frankie Boyle:

“Duncan Bannatyne, what a tremendous **** **** he is”

smudge
    Free Member

the only reason he named his gyms bannatyne was because he got fed with with being call bannatyre. He got even richer after the icecreams with nursing homes in the northeast in the 80’s

Philby

Bannatynes took over the gym I have been a member of for 12 years – since then the managers have changed with the regularity of me changing my socks. He even has the egotistical front to have his autobiography displayed for sale at the reception (I am reliably informed nobody bought a copy). His management style and the culture of his senior management team leave a lot to be desired, and probably have more in common with the management ethos of the Industrial Revolution than 21st century Britain.

Oxboy
    Free Member

His management style and the culture of his senior management team leave a lot to be desired, and probably have more in common with the management ethos of the Industrial Revolution than 21st century Britain.

lol are you talking about Brown and his cabinet? I already covered that!

😆

coffeeking
    Free Member

Never seen anything about him that particularly bothered me. Certainly not enough to come on a forum and moan about him without prompting.

Surely his management style cant be too far wrong, even if unpopular, if he’s a successful millionaire with ever growing profits and expanding businesses?

duntmatter
    Free Member

Surely his management style cant be too far wrong, even if unpopular, if he’s a successful millionaire..?

I think that‘s why it leaves a lot to be desired.

BlingBling
    Free Member

Worlds’s biggest ****?

I think you’ll find that’s Gordon Ramsey ❗

SiB
    Free Member

There’s a lot of jealous people on here……and that will make Dunc smile! OK, he appears to be a total **** but hats off to the guy, there’s no denying he’s pretty good at what he does. No silver spoon either, just hard work with alot of right decisions.

cynic-al
    Free Member

SiB – of course he’s successful, my point is he is totally in love with himself and quite boring.

theflatboy
    Free Member

he’s a nice guy – i’ve met him and spent a bit of time with him through work (we’re talking a couple of hours, rather than several months!)

this was back in the early days of dragon’s den and as a not-avid tv watcher i didn’t know who he was until we were talking and he told me about the programme 🙂

SiB
    Free Member

Al – If I was a self made hard working millionaire who came from nothing I woud love myself!! and I wouldn’t say he’s particularly boring – there’s alot more boring people out there who are alot more offensive than big Dunc. Saw him on a tv show (surprise surprise) getting interviewed and he was far from arrogant and egotistical, a bit ‘timid’ and ‘out of his depth’ even

markd
    Free Member

I did a ‘hilarious’ wind up once on one of his gyms. I called them pretending to be him and asked that the place be closed for an hour at lunchtime to let him and his family swim.

They fell for it and promised me they would! Girl on reception sounded shocked and nervous when i was speaking to her and got all girly. I called back an hour later to cancel just in case they did actually plan to close.

That wasn’t as good as ‘Hi this is the office of Elton John’ demanding that Waitrose be closed in Morningside so that he could shop without ‘dirty’ people watching him. They said they would too….

chakaping
    Free Member

You can be a successful businessman and still be an arrogant a***hole.

I think they only have him on that show to make some of the other grasping w***ers, oops, I mean Dragons, look remotely human.

GTDave
    Free Member

He was doing a book signing in Waterstones, Leadenhall market earlier in the week.
    Most book signings, even for obscure authors, get a reasonable queue of people in attendance. However, there was no such queue for Mr Bannatyne.

He was promoting his book “How to be Smart with Your Money”.
    I guess people were, buy not buying it! 😆

boriselbrus
    Free Member

His programme on dodgy selling practices of cigarettes in Africa was good. He came across as someone with a lot more morals and passion than a lot of high flying business people.

skinnysteel
    Free Member

He’s OK by me.

cuspidor
    Free Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bk676Z1AAM

Made me chuckle anyway ……Oh and it’s a little fruity in places.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Duncan Bannatyne’ is closed to new replies.