Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Dumb watch question…
  • panzerjager
    Free Member

I know many of you here are avid watch collectors, I have a few very modest watches which all run on batteries.
    My problem is that often when I take a watch from my drawer to wear, having worn others for extended periods of time, they are dead, batteries flat.

So the question is, will pulling out the crown, thus stopping the hands from turning, make any difference to the life of the battery?

I know, I can hear some of you sniggering already…I have a lot to learn regarding watches…

Thanks.

nickdavies

Sometimes yes, sometimes no it can drain more. Sometimes it makes no difference, depends on the movement. Most quartz analogue watches should give you at least a couple of years ticking away happily.

CountZero

The only watch of any significance that I own with batteries is a TAG, and the last battery ran for at least five or six years, in fact I think it’s had five batteries, most recently the fifth was put in about five months ago, and I bought it in 1982.

biglee1

Pulling the crown? Nah, I really wouldn’t bother but then again I’ve a citizen eco drive, a seiko kinetic and a G-Shock that I`ve had 7 years and just splashed a fiver on for a new battery

lunge

I’d suggest, as suggested above, you may have a battery problem. Most of mine that use batteries last 3 or 4 years, in fact my Tag is at 6 years I think.

But to answer your question, maybe, but not by much.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Dumb watch question…’ is closed to new replies.