Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Duck! there go the toys.
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Just cancelled all racing for 2009.
    What will equate to nearly 10 weeks off the bike injured already this year has put the mockers on it, and all the guys I race have got three months on me so knickers to it.
    Bring on 2010!

stratobiker
    Free Member

Oldgit, you get worse! 😉

myheadsashed

Find a seat in the pub like the rest of us mortals and chill abit.

ajf
    Free Member

takes roughly 8 weeks for fitness to start noticeably suffering and then the decline is steady. 10 week is nothing. not been running properly for 6 months but gonna jump straight back in with a 20 mile fell race.

Reckon you are just wussing out coz your mates are faster 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

wouldnt knock the racing on the head man …

just race a bit more for fun and keep the legs going at pace.

You cant train to race without racing to train ….

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Festering like a zombie in his own cesspit of excrement and bitterness.
    😐

epicyclo

You can always do what I do, set your sights on the Lanterne Rouge…

theotherjonv

Why not race but just race for the adventure and enjoyment? It’s not about the winning all the time, particularly if you have injuries

Or instead of getting bitter, why not give something back? Marshalling at a 12 or 24, pit bitching for one of your riding mates, and so on?

crikey
    Free Member

OG, relax a bit fella!

I haven’t raced for 5 years now, and I don’t miss it (much). I don’t miss being in bed early every night, don’t miss the obsession with diets, don’t miss waking up with legs that felt like they were made of wood, or a back that left me scared to bend over to put a pair of socks on. Don’t miss feeling guilty spending the day with my wife instead of the chaingang.

Having said all that I did jump on the wheel of a roadie who passed me the other day while I was on my full susser……..

Relax, ride for the sake of riding, you don’t need the drug of racing to ride your bike!

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

You wont be able to walk for a week after that ajf.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Duck! there go the toys.’ is closed to new replies.