Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Dual sim adapter
  • bruneep

are they all poop or any worth it.I tried a magicsim last year not sure if I was unlucky or its was poop.

any other options apart from manually swapping over sim cards

Potdog
    Free Member

Just buy a dual sim phone. I got the BQ Aquaria M5 which so far seems pretty good. No worse than the Nexus 5 it has replaced and with more RAM and storage for less money.

Stoner
    Free Member

theres some ace dual sim phones out there…

Dibbs
    Free Member

Last year I bought my wife a HTC Desire 820 dual sim not realising how big it was in real life. Surprisingly she loves it (probably because it’s easy to take photos and videos of the grandson), and it wasn’t that expensive either.

bruneep

all very well but its not answering my Q.

quite happy with my S5 guess I’ll just fumble about swapping sims when away

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Sony s3 dual sim here. S5 has a dual sim version too. Buy one, sell yours.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Z3, z5 not s3 or s5

scaredypants

I looked at getting one a while ago

They may have improved but at the time they were fragile (or vulnerable)-looking external cables with the SIM outside the phone body. Many of them were said either not to work or work intermittently and most if not all seemed to require a reboot to change between cards

because of that, I was oot & now have a dual SIM phone

(note: often the 2nd SIM goes in a slot you may have expected to use for a memory card, so read carefully)

Cougar

Last time I tried one was back when Nokia was everything. It was a replacement phone back with a toggle switch on it.

Great idea in theory, carry a work SIM and a personal SIM in one phone and switch between. In practice it never really worked properly because fundamentally the phone wasn’t designed to have the SIM card suddenly change whilst ‘live.’ So having to reboot to do it coupled with the fact that the SIM holders were sloppy and kept losing connection meant it was more bother than just swapping cards.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Dual sim adapter’ is closed to new replies.