• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dual Air Revs Q'n
  • LoveTubs
    Free Member

Evening – knowledge gap alert!

Our new member of the family has dual air revs, of which I know nothing.
    Been geeking online and have found a snippet of info that concerns me….it states in this that the silver dial at the centre of the blue turn-y knob has 15(ish) ‘clicks’.

Mine does not click at all? And I’m struggling to gain workable/useful rebound/damping. I take it the red dial at the fork leg adjusts rebound damping?

I have that sinking feeling that I’ll be taking them apart soon 🙁

LoveTubs
    Free Member

..should add that when I turn the center dial (compression rate?) nothing signif/notable happens.

TBH, the only obvious changes are:

1) Blue dial a full- R turn = locks it out.
    2) May have imagined rebound changing by turning the red dial at bottom.

…anyone has similar experience(s)?

Cheers

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Funnily enough I have literally just got in from taking my dual air u turn revs to bits for a full service.

First of all yes the gold/silver knob in the middle of the compression adjust blue lever on the right hand side (as you sit on bike), has 15 turns (well mine has 14 just counted). This is the floodgate threshold.

This is a great article for explaining how the compression adjust works.
    http://www.bikerumor.com/2010/08/20/tech-article-how-rockshox-motion-control-works/

I have 8 clicks of compression adjust on the blue knob. There is hardly any difference between the first 6 clicks. Seventh you start to feel forks stiffen up and 8 is lockout. Does not completely lock the fork out, few mm of movement and I adjust the floodgate to open on big hits.

As yours lockout OK, most probably oil levels are fine. Worth a check though and an oil change incase the wrong weight of oil was used.

Rebound damping is as you say controlled with the knob on bottom of fork. Turn to the turtle to slow rebound rate down and to the rabbit to speed it up. I like my forks pretty active so have this a couple of clicks from the rabbit.

Does depend on how you have set the dual air Chambers. Remember let all the air out of neg first (bottom), let air out of positive. Cycle the forks to ensure you get full travel (confirms no oil has leaked into the leg or damper side overfull).

Then pump up positive, then same pressure negative. Turn rebound adjust to full closed (turtle) and you should hear the swish of oil travelling though damper on rebound. Turn to rabbit and they should behave like pogo sticks!

Loco tuning has a good setup guide on his website. Check that out.

mjsmke

Isn’t that silver dial the floodgate which is for when the forks are locked out? It sets the threshold for when the forks compress while locked out.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Yes. See my post above. I should also add that the threshold / floodgate works not just in lockout. If you open the floodgate all the way, you will have no compression damping at all throughout all compression settings. It’s a balancing act. Some people (like me) run heavier compression to stop brake dive and front end Bob, with light floodgate so the fork becomes very active on medium sized hits.

shifter
    Free Member

Mine does not click at all

Mine stopped clicking then the whole silver thing popped out.
    TFT put it back together with new detent balls and the clicking returned.

LoCo
    Free Member

Which model are they? as the the 2012 (last year they came in dual air spec.) they were available with an RCT3 compression damper on which the silver dial was low speed compression.
    Regarding detant clicks we can replace spring and bearings if possible.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dual Air Revs Q'n’ is closed to new replies.