• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Alb.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • DT1750 – where to buy a spare rim and spokes?
  • Bream
    Free Member

I need to replace the rear rim and spokes and would like to keep the same white rim and aero spokes but can't seem to locate them easily 😕

Does anyone know where I can buy them easily?

DickBarton

I think Madison sell them? Also Pace? I think…

kamina
    Free Member

If you get fed up trying to find the white replacements, it's just 5.1 rims with aerolight spokes right?

Bream
    did you get a letter with something in it yet ?
    ( you are still in your penthouse apt ? )

enjoy

Bream
    Free Member

Hmm, not impressed, seems Madison have rims but will not supply to the public, so I would need to send my old rim to a dealer who then sends it on to Madison, only then will they post a new one out. They wouldn't even tell me the approx cost 🙁

Might just change both rims and be done with it 😥

Bream
    Free Member

did you get a letter with something in it yet ?
    ( you are still in your penthouse apt ? )

enjoy
    Cheers mate, thanks for the prezzie, much appreciated 8)

firestarter
    Free Member

i thought they were just 5.1 in white but i was told they are 6.1 the other week by my lbs. dunno tho never seen either 5.1 or 6.1 in the flesh to compare to my 1750

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Madison are a distributor, not a retailer so yes you will have to go through somewhere with a madison account-which is pretty much every bike shop in the country!

Bream
    Free Member

It is just a 5.1 but in white, just want to keep the wheelset the same as what I bought in the first place with minimal hassle.

Seeing as I am based in Sweden and there is postage involved I will try through the dealer over here. Just that most of the time is is easier to sort stuff from the UK and normally cheaper especially with the weak pound at the mo.

18bikes

bout £60 IIRC. get in touch and we can sort, but it is a case of old one back/new on out.

Bream
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer 18bikes, will try the Swedish dealer route first but may be in touch if it doesn't work out.

dasnut
    Free Member

I swapped mine for flows (you can get them in white now of you want) as the original 5.1s seemed very soft

Alb
    Free Member

I know it's a faff sending the old one back but it's the only way we can control the limited warranty stock of spare 5.1 white rims for the EX1750. If it wasn't controlled/checked then they'd go very, very quickly.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘DT1750 – where to buy a spare rim and spokes?’ is closed to new replies.