Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • DT Swiss X1700 Hubs
  • Dogsby

Hello All,

I have a set of DT Swiss X1700 wheels that came with my Canyon Nerve and need to know what the hubs are so that I can service them and replace the bearings. They only have X1700 printed on them and no other detail and do not seem to appear on the DT Swiss website.

Any help would be appreciated

Dogsby

njee20
    Free Member

Assuming no obvious spanner flats on the end caps, the freehub body should pull off by hand (may be quite a pull!), if there are two little clutch plate type things with serrated faces it’s basically a DT350/240 hub. If not, and it’s got a roller bearing in the hub shell it’s an Onyx type hub.

I’d guess at a 350.

Dogsby

njee20,

Many thanks. It the front hub that needs the work. It is a 15mm axle that just appears to be a tube with nothing to grip or attach a tool to.

Dogsby

njee20
    Free Member

Tap end caps out from inside – an old skewer will do it if you’ve not got a punch.

Dogsby

Njee20,

I have had a trawl through the DT Swiss docs and it looks like it might be a 350 but it is difficult to tell from the line drawings and shady photos.

Dogsby

Dogsby

Hi All,

Still not sure exactly what bearings I need so if anyone has any experience I would be grateful. If it is a 350 then the bearings seem to be difficult to comeby.

Cheers

Dogsby

Dogsby

Okay, one last go. Can anyone tell what bearings I need for this hub or how to find out? I am now getting a bit desperate!

Many thanks

Dogsby

njee20
    Free Member

It’ll take 30 seconds to pop and end cap off and look, they’re a push fit and you’ve got to take them off anyway! I’ve a vague recollection they’re 6902s, but that may be rubbish.

khani
    Free Member

Take the old bearings out and look for the bearing number on the shield or measure the inside and outside diameter and look on somewhere like Simply bearings for prices..
    If your lucky you could take the end caps off and using a torch you might be able to see the bearing numbers on the face of the bearings without removing em..

Dogsby

Guys,

Huge thanks and things are looking up. The end-caps came of with a little gentle persuasion and some pliers and the bearings are indeed 6902s. Now all I need is some advice as to how to get the bearings out. Any suggestions?

Dogsby

Dogsby

Successful bodge complete and we are back on the road at least temporarily. End-caps off, red bearings revealed, little rubber thing easily prised off, degreased and grease injected, re-assembled. All running 100% smoother. Many thanks for all of the assistance.

Dogsby

gren
    Free Member

Good to know those details. Got the same wheels on my Nerve. Luckily they’ve not needed any attention so far.

njee20
    Free Member

You just need to drift the bearings out – something in the end of the axle and hit it, that’ll bring one bearing out, then tap the other out. There is a DT tool kit, but a properly sized bolt will do the job just as well.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss X1700 Hubs’ is closed to new replies.