Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • DT Swiss RWS Thru Bolt anyone used one?
  • jools182
    Free Member

seems a bit pricey, but anyone had any experience if it stiffens up a qr rear end?

clicky

BadlyWiredDog

They work but the resin ratchet lever is fragile and the splines strip off them alarmingly easily unless you’re very, very careful. And they’re ridiculously expensive.

I reckon you’re better off either getting a simple 10mm bolt or one of the 10mm rear QR things that Superstar sells.

And yes, it does make a detectable difference particularly on fast rocky stuff imo. Not as much as replacing a front QR though.

jools182
    Free Member

ooh, £7.99 from superstar

thats a winner a think

cheers badlywireddog!

Crag
    Free Member

So, do these just work with standard QR wheels?

nicko74

I just wondered the same thing. Short answer is yes but, long answer is well kinda.

If your standard QR wheel has a removable QR axle (ie the wider axle that the QR bolt slides into), then you take that part out and slide in the 9mm axle. If your hub has no removable QR axle (eg Hope XC) then nope, doesn’t work.

markenduro
    Free Member

The SS 10mmqr can be made to fit a pro2 rear hub as there is a conversion kit available for them, or you can just get a 9mm drill and make your own like I did. I figured there was nothing to loose as t
    if it went wrong it was just a case of buying the conversion axle, saved myself a whole £15 as well…

markenduro
    Free Member

double post due to crap internet connection and fat fingers…

jools182
    Free Member

what do you need to convert a rear pro II qr to a 10mm bolt thru?

pastcaring
    Free Member
    jools182
    Free Member

cheers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss RWS Thru Bolt anyone used one?’ is closed to new replies.