Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • DT Swiss RWS replacement lever
  • peachos
    Free Member

the badly designed plastic ratchet bit on the inside of my bolt-through skewer that came standard on my Mega rounded off last night, meaning that i can’t get wheel off bike & thus ride it at the weekend.

from searching the forum this seems fairly common. has anyone sourced a replacement part, preferably in or nearby Manchester?

thanks, in desperation…

Stevelol
    Free Member

My lever broke off during a very sedate ride around my locate woods, I decided to replace it with the Superstar QR 10mm axle, no problems since.

peachos
    Free Member

ooh could you point me to which one?

peachos
    Free Member

i was just looking at this one, but it has a nut screwed onto the none-lever end. can this just be removed and screw the thread into the frame?

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=287

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I had some of the plastic handled RWS skewers – and also some of the newer metal handled ones – JRA do them:

http://www.justridingalong.com/bike-components/quick-releases-1/rws-aluminium-bolt-through.html

I also have a superstar but the RWS does up much tighter and will therefore be stiffer, which is what you are after.

The RWS does up tight enough to show the casting error in some RS Sid forks, whereas you can’t see it with the Superstar skewer.

peachos
    Free Member

Out of stock. I spoke to 1250 bikes earlier and they told me that this seems to be the case everywhere too. I just need something to get me back on the dirt this asap, but they couldn’t offer any advice on alternatives. thing is, there’s nowt wrong with the rest of the skewer, just need something to fit the ratchet to be able to remove it.

obviously plastic on metal is a bad design which they have realised if the new ones are metal.

does a rock shox maxle lite fit??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss RWS replacement lever’ is closed to new replies.