Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • DT Swiss / Bonty hub service – Herts / N London-ish area.
  • Ti29er
    Free Member

No one that I know of local to me has the tool required to remove the bearings as it (the tool) costs upwards of £100.
    Does anyone know of a LBS not too far (30 mile radius?) from Watford who can replace the bearings?

coatesy
    Free Member

Have you actually taken the hub apart to check whether you need the tool? All the DT Bontrager hubs i've stripped have been DT Onyx(I think)which don't have the same innards as the 240 type.

shaggy

Can't help on a shop but can confirm that the old RXL's are DT 240 hubs so need a silly expensive DT tool to take apart. Why Park or someone haven't made the tool is beyond me- you don't *need* the bearing press bits but the (I don't remember the proper name) female star rachet remover is £50…

Bimbler
    Free Member

Marshalls in Hertford/WGC have the tool, serviced my 240's recently.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Thanks for the tip. The front has been done, now the rear needs the work doing, that's how I know about the tool.

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

all i can say is, addiktion in snorbens. tried all the others; this is a real bike shop. not sure if they have the tool, but ist not run by ones.

njee20
    Free Member

You only need that tool to access the bearing in the very middle of the hub, which doesn't need doing as often as the others. You don't need any tools to take the freehub body off and twiddle them, just pull it!

Race Lites used to have Onyx hubs, X-lites and XXX-lites have 240 internals.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss / Bonty hub service – Herts / N London-ish area.’ is closed to new replies.