Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • DT Swiss 4.2 rims – mud tyre recommendations please
  • cinnamon_girl

Using Maxxis Medusa which is fine but am really struggling to put it on and take it off. Polite request – don't mention tubeless 🙄

Is there anything that works with these rims, even the Panaracers are a wee struggle.

Thank you so much!

C_G
    (with bruised hands)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You still struggling? DTs can be tight with some tyres, are you running tubeless rimstrips on them?

Looked like you had some decent rubber on there on Saturday, why the change?

awh
    Free Member

I find everything tight on my DT rims. Wire bead Maxxis are one of the easiest.

My top tips for fitting/removing any tyre are
    1. Instead of rim tap use insulating tape, it's thinner and allows the bead to more easily slip into the centre.
    2. Push the all of both beads in the centre of the rim before levering it off
    3. Use Soma metal core levers!

cinnamon_girl

Hi Pete. Normal rimstrip. Have decided to stop using tubeless mainly cos I want to be able to change tyres as and when trail conditions dictate. I know, I'm a real PITA 🙄

Just really wanting to know if there are any other mud tyres which are slightly easier, certainly the Bonty Mud X was impossible!

cinnamon_girl

Aha, apologies. Looks as though it is the tubless rim tape that's on it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss 4.2 rims – mud tyre recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.