Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • DT swiss 350 frewheel conversion questions
  • dblspeed
    Free Member

Hi all, I’m about to swap the stock XD freewheel on a DT swiss 350 for a Shimano 11 speed.

Will I need to re dish the wheel?

Is a spacer required to fit the Sram 10 speed cassette on the 11 speed Shimano freewheel?

Thanks in advance

ChrisE
    Free Member

No you don’t. The axle sits in the same place in the dropouts and so will the rim/tyre.

C

BearBack
    Free Member

Nope,pull the freehub off, put the other one on.
    Assuming you have the right end caps as an xd driver end cap is not the same as a Shimano end cap.
    Nothing else needed from a spacer/redish perspecive

Northwind

Yup, I got caught out by the endcap. It’s a 20 second job to edit the old one down in a lathe, you could do it by hand easily enough but all in all it makes more sense to just have the right endcap 😆

njee20
    Free Member

That depends on the spacer… if you’ve got the 11 speed road freehub body, then you will need a 1mm spacer. The freehub body said 11 speed road on it in that instance. If it’s the MTB 10/11 speed one then no etching and no spacer needed.

Bolt

As above just a straight swap on a mtb hub but the flange on the endcap is smaller on the xd one.

Am looking for an xd freewheel if you want to sell? Or swap for a shimano one?

Cheers

Northwind

Oh you’re going from XD! I didn’t notice that. The end cap is actually backwards compatible but you lose a little weather protection as it doesn’t shield the bearing as well. And if you’re selling the hub the buyer’ll want it. So it still makes sense to swap, it just won’t leave you stuck at 10pm the night before a ride.

dblspeed
    Free Member

Cheers all.

I am going from XD to 11 speed Shimano MTB freewheel, the endcap comes with the new freewheel.

@Bolt, already ordered the new freewheel, I’ll keep the XD in case I change bike.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘DT swiss 350 frewheel conversion questions’ is closed to new replies.