Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • DT Swiss 240S side to side play when wheel in drop out
  • underthesun
    Free Member

I’ve got a strage problem with my rear DT swiss 240S hub when its in the drop out. When I tighten up the QR at a normal tension the wheel has side to side play in the dropout. However when I don’t put quite so much pressure on with the QR its not so bad but still there. So are the bearings nacked or is it something else I could take a look at?? Any advice appreciated.

Cheers.

snowpaul
    Free Member

hello

i have the same hubs – if you havent had them apart recently (and maybe missed a spacer out etc when rebuilding ) then its prob a worn bearing – most likely the inner one on the drive side – its the only one i seem to wear out – prob is it needs a silly 50 quid tool to get at by first rmoving the ratchet… shame as its the only down side to these great hubs… check the freehub isnt worn too – but 99pc sure its the inner bearing

paul

Konastoner
    Free Member

Ok guys, you need one of these : – http://www.sbrsports.com/1011/91-414668

Get it welded to a suitable stainless steel bolt (16mm I think), you then have a ten quid DT Swiss Star Ratchet Tool!

I had the same trouble with my 440FR rear hub, I could change all the bearings except the center one and it would still have slight play. Made one of these tools and changed the center bearing, all good. Download the DT Swiss service manual for your hubs as it will give you the removal instructions.

Bream
    Free Member

I have a similar problem in my rear 240s EX1750, lots of play even though the 10mm thru axle is tight.

Where is the best place to buy a bearings from?

Cheers,

Jeff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss 240S side to side play when wheel in drop out’ is closed to new replies.