Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dt Swiss 240s
  • jk1980
    Free Member

I’m buying a bike that comes with dt centre lock hubs. Unfortunately I want to change the brakes, which means changing the hubs also.

I see there is a screw in DT adaptor to run a 6 bolt rotor – does anyone know if it’s any good? Or alternatively is there a way you can swap the hub body over to a 6 bolt standard?

nikk
    Free Member

You can’t swap the body, it would be a new hub.

Apparently the adapters are fine, and little to no weight penalty.

240s are great hubs!

Rorschach
    Free Member

The mavic centrelock/6 bolt adaptor is better.
    Why can’t you just use centrelock rotors?

hatter

Yup, DT adapters work just fine.

jk1980
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, that’s good news.

I don’t know too much about centre lock but I want to get avid codes or sram guides and they’re 6 bolt as far as I’m aware

Rorschach
    Free Member

You could use the original rotors though (or if you are a completest you can buy matching SRAM centrelock rotors)

jk1980
    Free Member

Ah ok – I didn’t realise I could use the shimano rotors…I did think there were some comparability issues across certain different brands.

Also didn’t know sram did centre lock rotors – thanks will see if I can find some

benpinnick

Just remember that Shimano is 203 whereas SRAM is 200 if going for the big rotors. They need a different adaptor but work fine… that said SRAM rotors are a smidge thinner than Shimanos, and SRAM brakes have even less clearance (even allowing for the thin rotor) so running a Shimao rotor in a sram brake without rubbing is a tricky thing to do.

jk1980
    Free Member

Thank you ….sounds like there will be less issues just going for new rotors

Rorschach
    Free Member

Shimano is 203 whereas SRAM is 200 if going for the big rotors

Or Just put a washer under the caliper

that said SRAM rotors are a smidge thinner than Shimanos, and SRAM brakes have even less clearance (even allowing for the thin rotor)

Which makes not the slightest bit of difference as the pistons are self adjusting.

running a Shimao rotor in a sram brake without rubbing is a tricky thing to do.

No,no it’s not. 🙄

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dt Swiss 240s’ is closed to new replies.