Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • DT Swiss 240 hubs and conversions from 12mm to 10mm
  • tmb467
    Free Member

Just picked up shiny new (to me) wheels with some nice buttery smooth 240s hubs

The rear was fitted to a 142×12 frame and I need it to run with 135x10mm

I’ve got the adapters / end caps and the 10mm bolt thru but one end cap is pretty tight and I don’t want to force it on. The other fits perfectly. If they were both fitted tho – the 10mm bolt thru would fit the end caps but isn’t supported in the axle (as it was used to run a 12mm bolt thru)

I’ve had a look online and I can’t find another thicker axle size anywhere. Is it purely an end cap that supports the wheel or do I need a different axle?

Cheers

tmb467
    Free Member

Actually – I think the axle is the same no matter whether it’s 10mm 12mm or QR.

Part no is the same on the tech docs and the end caps take the 10mm bolt thru

enmac
    Free Member

Unless, they have changed in the last couple of years, you do need a different axle. The 12mm axle has a slightly thinner wall thickness as the bolt thru takes some of the forces. I got my axle from Starbike.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss 240 hubs and conversions from 12mm to 10mm’ is closed to new replies.