Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Dt revolutions vs cx ray for a wheel build
  • slinkybike
    Free Member

I want to build a wheelset using Stan’s rims laced to Tune king kong hubs to build a light weight xc race wheel. Weight wise dt revolutions and cx ray are very similar. I think I will either use revolutions on the front and dt comps on the rear drive side or cx rays all over any wheel builders have an oppion about the plus and minus of the spokes. I know you can hold the cx rays to stop wide up in the build but is this the only advantage.

Also the cx rays are double in price to the dt revolutions

gee
    Free Member

I’ve found the CX-Rays to build a stiffer wheel. Revs are bendy. The CX-Ray also looks awesome…

Are you sure about the hubs? For that much money you could get a nice set of used Kings or DT240s, both of which would just last forever… Seen a fair few Tune bearing failures.

GB

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Not a wheel builder so can’t help on that score. However, with regards them looking awesome^, they look no different to normal spokes unless you’ve got your nose pressed up against the wheel. So, don’t IMO pay double just for looks alone, because no one will notice or care. They do build a stiff wheel

ruscle
    Free Member

CX-ray spokes are much tougher than other spokes so will last longer. I. Had super comps and they snap alot at the nipple so avoid. Sapim do another spoke which is lighter and stronger than the cx-ray spokes but forget what their called. I have the cx-ray spokes and are the best I have used by far.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Dt revolutions vs cx ray for a wheel build’ is closed to new replies.