Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • DT 240s Conversion Kits
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

this hub

can i convert to 15mm using

these adapters

cheers

rwc03
    Free Member

I think you can only convert to 9mm thru QR. Best check with DT themselves though.

fenboy

I don’t think so you need a DT hub with a 15mm axle in it. I think they are standard QR hubs. you can upgrade them to a 9mm RWS thru axle though. stiffer than QR but not as stiff as 15mm and will work with 9mm QR fork ends only. you still need to change the end caps and buy the skewer

I had same issue with a std 9mm QR 240 and wanted to change it to 15mm I just went for the 9mm thru axle conversion and kept the fork i had. its been fine

hope that helps

Gee76
    Free Member

Yeah bin lookin to do the same but alas dt don’t appear to do a kit for the std qr hub. Not sure the shell was big enough to fit the gubbins in. You have to buy the rather expensive “fifteen” hub or the oversize 240. Search on dt 240 over on mtbr wheel forums for confirmation. would live to know if this is wrong mind.

There is a non dt kit on eBay.com but its $99 plus post and customs and presumably uses small bearings to fit everything in. Gets some ok write ups on mtbr tho still.

If you haven’t bought the hub yet have a look at 350. Still only 135g in centrelock and not really convertible but a lot cheaper;-)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘DT 240s Conversion Kits’ is closed to new replies.