Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • DSLR camera bag (not for riding)
  • eckinspain
    Free Member

I got a camera bag when I bought my DSLR but I find that I'm not taking the camera out as much as I would like because the bag is quite bulky and looks, well, like a camera bag!

Are there any nice-looking bags that don't look overtly like a camera bag. Needs to be comfy but not necessarily too big as I won't be carrying around extra lenses.

Ta.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

I have one of these for my about town bag and very pleased with it
    Not too big and doesn't look particularly like a cameera bag either

Crumpler

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Lowe Pro?

I use CCS pouches for my DSLR & lenses, but carry them in a rucsac unless I need them really handy, in which case I carry them on a belt – which can be really cumbersome at times. In the bag the kit is protected, and if packed properly the camera pouch goes on top so I can open it and get the camera out quite quickly.

grumm
    Free Member

I've got one of these – http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crumpler-Muffin-Top-2500-Photo/dp/B001GR109G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1268038675&sr=1-2

Might be a bit small for a DSLR and anything else, but there are bigger versions.

If you're not taking the camera out much cos it's too big you should get a GF1 😉

doc_blues
    Free Member

one of the smaller Domke canvas bags eg http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-Domke-F-8-Small-Shoulder-Bag-Olive/p1019261?cm_mmc=GoogleBase-_-Bags-_-Shoulder-Bags-_-Domke-F-8-Small-Shoulder-Bag-Olive_1019261

not overtly camera bag – whilst the crumplers and lowes of this world are nice (I have a couple of them), they still scream camera

I have a domke f2 and its lovely, especially now its slightly aged and beaten

eckinspain
    Free Member

Thanks – the Crumpler ones look nice (if they're big enough for a Canon 450D)

(and yes, I should have bought the GF1 instead!)

eckinspain
    Free Member

thanks doc – nice bag but 65 quid 😯

I thought Crumpler were expensive!

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Crumpler I mentioned is easily big enough for a Canon 450 with lens attached and cost me about thirty quid I think

Don't think they scream camera at all, my daughter reckon it looks a bit gay,think any shoulder bag for a bloke would though

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I use either an old wax cotton canvas courier bag, or a wax barbour fishing bag. Neither, for obvious reasons, look like a camera bag – but they keep the water out. The camera then goes into a neoprene cover to absorb any knocks and any lenses just go in their wee pouches that they come with.

Never had any problems with damage, and that is a 5D/5D mkII and Canon L glass.

I started down that route as when I am wandering around urban areas here and abroad I don't want to be advertising the fact I am carrying some pretty expensive photography gear.

Barbour This one is what I tend to use – costs a fair bit, but it was bought for me! The old one came from GAP for about £10.

The cheapest option is to get an old army messanger bag/gas mask bag and wax is yourself. It should look old and knackered and not worth the scrotes attention ideally 😉

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Wraps and Neoprene Pouches

I use the Optech one, but the Zing wraps look pretty decent too. Bonus is you can leave the camera in it and drop it in your Camelbak for riding too 😉

doc_blues
    Free Member

yep £65 is a bit steep for a new one, but then as you say crumpler are expensive too- they do come in a bit cheaper on ebay (think I paid £58 for my 2nd hand f2, although they can be had for 90 new and about £120+ in the shops).

Riofer
    Free Member

You can get that Crumpler as a free gift with a sub to one of the DSLR mags for about £35, can't remeber which one though

eckinspain
    Free Member

You can get that Crumpler as a free gift with a sub to one of the DSLR mags for about £35, can't remeber which one though

oooh – will investigate – cheers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘DSLR camera bag (not for riding)’ is closed to new replies.