Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Dry dusty trails (in England!)
  • rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Glorious sunshine, dry dusty trails (with a few little puddles), despite a couple of weeks of grotty weather – Good old Purbecks.

singletracksurfer

Same here in the chilterns (on Sunday) – my wide couldn't believe I'd been out.

Drac

Been glorious here today and scehduled for more the rest of the week and Saturday so trails should drain well ready for Saturdays ride.

cinnamon_girl

Oh – I thought the dry dusty trails were in Basingstoke 😉

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

No, they were the soaking wet, impassable, stinging nettle infested but still good fun trails.

eth3er
    Free Member

And you don't have pictures? pah!

podman
    Free Member

Basingstoke is rideable from where I live, where are the trails!?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

@podman, for Blazingsmoke trail info, contact cinnamon girl, the fountain of all knowledge. Where are you based?

The route we rode last week started in Cliddesdon and looped around the Candovers towards Dummer (i think).

podman
    Free Member

Thanks RT, I shall send her an email 🙂

I'm in a village between Newbury and Basingstoke, I usually ride around the trails at Greenham Common, but I'm slowly getting fitter and more adventurous along Wayfarers walk and the local bridleways 🙂

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Kingsclere?

podman
    Free Member

ah hah, yes! Where abouts are you from?

toomanybikes
    Free Member

the chilterns are never dry and dusty, well they weren't last night

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

@podman. Andover sort of, but living in Dorset. Missus is from B'stoke. Done loads of building work around your way and in Newbury/Thatcham.

If you've got transport, there's a Singletrack group ride in Pewsey on Sunday. Less than an hour from you.

cinnamon_girl

podman – email sent!

rusty – thanks for kind words!

toomanybikes – the Chilterns were filthy yesterday but they had been dry and dusty for the STW Forum Ride not long ago 🙂

toomanybikes
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl……….yes they were, made me fall off and hurt my knee and shoulder

podman
    Free Member

Cheers! No group ride for me I'm afraid, I saw the thread but I'm working this Sunday, and I was working the Sunday of the last group ride too 🙁

Hopefully I'll be able to get to one in the not too distant future, riding by yourself all the time gets a bit lonely (although I guess it does have the advantage of not having people see me crash!)!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Dry dusty trails (in England!)’ is closed to new replies.