Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Drumlanrig – is it just me?
  • Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Is it only me that doesn't think that Drumlanrig is all that rooty?

chakaping
    Free Member

No rootier than most other woods I suppose.

Maybe this bit sticks in people's minds?

tazzymtb

I must go and play there, rooty woodsy singletrack and no groomed trail centre stuff….heaven

forge197
    Free Member

😆 at failedengineer nothing really to add that hasn't been said already.

Drumlanrig is different to the smooth type 1 surfaced trails and is more akin to natural wooded trails and that is what makes it ace, and yes the roots in the wet will be slippy. 🙂

Northwind

Amazing stuff, personal taste. Crops up when least expected and causes all sorts of confusion….

I love it myself but then I love Glentress too and apparently it's a road, so what do I know. There's some bits I don't really get, and they do irritate me because I know there's flow and fun in there but I just never find it. But the best bits are so damn good.

Diane
    Free Member

Obi – lets do the black together then 🙂

Diane
    Free Member

In the rain

Dair
    Free Member

failedengineer – I think your mistake was to say that Drumlanrig is "poor". That's just not very nice.

I have a pal who never wants to go back and routinely reminds us how much he dislikes it, but he always has the sense to stop short of saying that it's "poor", because (a) he recognises the work that has gone into it, and (b) he knows how much other people like it, so (rationally) he knows that it can't actually be "poor".

Poor.

banginon

> the only gripe I have… is the pointless or should I say in the wrong place.. the new jumps and berms they put in… surely it would have been better to put them on a part of trail that was pointing on a decend…<

Not jumps…..rollers….! 'Pump them' for plenty of speed into the wee tabletop….. trust me on this. Pump the rollers for speed,, it's built to liven up a flat peice of ground, to make some pretty geometric wavey shapes and help me coach 'body/bike' seperation. Pump it………..

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

bangin on – you might be at risk of assuming a higher level of skill from some of the people on here than they actually have. They are not all Scottish you know…

ART

Was going to post yesterday but got distracted …. anyhow, was back riding at Drumlanrig over the bank hols weekend having not been there for a few years .. also a south west dweller. The trails really are brilliant, very involving, interesting, kind of like a magical mystery tour, and with the bluebells in full bloom, just perfect really. Much better signage than previously too. Especially like the new bits, and loved the tricky bits on the first black loop – although didn't quite manage to get over that bit ^^^ in one go – pics never do stuff justice do they! Like someone said, you have to settle into a different groove riding twisty stuff. As I said on the day in person 'good work Rik' [waves at Rik 😀 ] keep on keeping on, tis most appreciated. Roll on the day we live further north.

banginon

'Pumping' the trail is kinda crucial to 'catching' the flow of the trails at Drum… If you getting all animated and 'off' the bike while on the singletrack then it's just going to kick you about and feel awkward (sp?)… If you're not sure what 'pumping trails' is watch this

failedengineer

Dair – Sorry about using the word 'poor'. I did acknowledge the hard work that had gone into it, though. I'm obviously outnumbered, by approx 30 to 1, so I'll shut up. I don't think I've ever seen as many people leap to the defence of a trail centre on here. The other ones seem to attract criticism and praise fairly equally. While I'm at it though, I wasn't all that impressed by Keilder either ………. (runs and hides)

Rona

I love Drumlanrig – definitely my favourite place to ride close to home. Rooty, twisty fun, wet or dry – and unlike most other trails ridden often, it doesn't seem to get boring. Well done Rik! 😀

Northwind

"While I'm at it though, I wasn't all that impressed by Keilder either …"

Did you do the proper route or the pretend red?

I almost laughed myself sick when I read this, about one of their blues… "It is recommended that people in wheelchairs are accompanied. Visitors using a mobility scooter should ensure batteries are fully charged before setting off.". Gnar!

craig1975
    Free Member

bangin on – Member
    > the only gripe I have… is the pointless or should I say in the wrong place.. the new jumps and berms they put in… surely it would have been better to put them on a part of trail that was pointing on a decend…<

Not jumps…..rollers….! 'Pump them' for plenty of speed into the wee tabletop….. trust me on this. Pump the rollers for speed,, it's built to liven up a flat peice of ground, to make some pretty geometric wavey shapes and help me coach 'body/bike' seperation. Pump it………..

I'm hearing what your saying.. and as it happens.. I know how to "pump" the trail.. but I personally feel that if the section in question was moved a bit further down the trail where it has a more faster descend then… I would be able to PumP and do Some Jumps to boot.. 8)

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Diane – Ok. Make sure you dont stall infront of me this time though.

Diane
    Free Member

Obi – stall in front of you?

Name your day!

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Drumlanrig – is it just me?’ is closed to new replies.