Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Drove away from a parking ticket… What happens next?
  • handyman153
    Free Member

Evening,

I’ve had a long long day, and I have serious man flu so i wasn’t in the best mood today when I came out of Tesco after buying some medicines, to find a parking attendant starting to put a ticket on my car.

She said – ‘You can’t park here’
    I said – ‘I’m not parked, i’m just pulled over’
    Then I drove off.

So I have no ticket on the car, and she didn’t take any photo’s.

Sitting here now, feeling a little better! I don’t care about paying the ticket, but I wondered what happens?
    Do I get a knock on the door, or a letter?

Would almost say I feel guilty, but I was really pi**ed off at the time. (No excuse I know!)

Please don’t hate me too much STW!

sharkbait
    Free Member

pedant

I said – ‘I’m not parked, i’m just pulled over’

/pedant

No hate, just disappointment.

handyman153
    Free Member

I would just like to add..
    I am fully aware that being pulled over, is pretty much identical to being parked.
    It was a spur of the moment sentence!

project
    Free Member

ticket will be posted to the registered owner of the vehicle

sofaboy73
    Free Member

they *vincent price voice* -release the hounds

depends if they got your reg number before you drove off

was it in tesco’s car park? if so, likely to be a private company and there’s bob all tehy can do, other than send you endless letters.

if it was the council they’ll send you a letter as they’ve not issued you a ticket to inform you of the fine, and your best paying it as they have more recourse to recover funds / ramp it up

EDIT – thinking back to my last council ticket, there was a reference number to log onto a website to see the photographic evidence to be used if you tried to contest it. so i guess if they haven’t taken the photo’s or got your reg number before you arrived you could be ok

molgrips
    Free Member

You stopped being pulled over when you got out of the car, I think.

Other than that – dunno.

Duane…
    Free Member

I once drove away from a council parking attendant writing me a ticket – nothing happened. My understanding was/is that they can’t do anything unless the ticket is on the car and they have a photo of it – that may not be correct.

eckinspain
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter if they put a ticket on your car or not. However if there’s no photographic evidence I doubt they’ll pursue it. Usually the first thing they do is take a photo though, for just this scenario.

slowoldman

You will be hoofed in the slats and sent to bed with no pudding.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

They have to observe for 5 mins so maybe..

outofbreath
    Free Member

I’ve driven away from a traffic warden and heard nothing. No idea if that’s typical.

crankboy
    Free Member

My memory is that they have to put the ticket on the car while it is parked for it to be valid. I would not rely on my memory if I was you.

IdleJon

My memory is that they have to put the ticket on the car while it is parked for it to be valid. I would not rely on my memory if I was you.

Yeah, you still haven’t returned that £20 I lent you.

😆

hammyuk
    Free Member

Your memory is failing…..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Drove away from a parking ticket… What happens next?’ is closed to new replies.