Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dropping travel/AtoC height on Reba's with low air psi but adding b'less token ?
  • Yet1man

Hi.

Now please point out if I’ve got this completely wrong but is it possible to drop the A to C height/travel of a 120mm Reba by running slightly lower air pressure ie more sag but avoid bottoming out by fitting a bottomless token ?

I’ve got a 120mm Reba but was looking to run it closer to a 100/110 but ideally without the added expense/hassle of buying and fitting a new air spring rod.

Would this work or am I barking up the wrong tree ? One minute I’ve convinced myself there is no reason why not, the next, I’m certain it won’t work !!?

Cheers

Michael

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It would probably drop the sagged A2C but would probably change the way the spring behaves as well, normally with shorter springs you’d have a higher spring rate to maintain the same percentage sag, so by having a softer spring and less volume it’ll probably feel quite different if not a little odd.

Junkyard
    Free Member

rebas are air and I thought – as they have negative air – that you can just fit a spacer to alter travel to 100 anyway.

you can with my [ older] version anyway

I am not sure anyone would notice a 10 mm change to their A-C with sag this would be what 8 mm? Probably achieve the same cutting the knobbles of your tyres 😉

Yet1man

These are the newer Rebas and you have to buy a and fit a new shorter ‘air spring rod’ to reduce the travel.
    The bike is designed for a 100mm fork and I’ll have already relaxed the head angle a tad by fitting an external bottom headset cup in place of the semi integrated, so don’t want to relax if too much further by running the fork 20mm longer than the frame was designed for.
    Was just looking at a way of avoiding a (fairly) major operation on the fork/replacing the fork internals.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Wouldn’t it make a lot more sense to refit the semi integrated headset cup?

Yet1man

I can’t as the forks are a tapered steerer (couldn’t find any new straight steerer forks at sensible prices when I bought them), so need the external cup to fit the tapered forks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dropping travel/AtoC height on Reba's with low air psi but adding b'less token ?’ is closed to new replies.