Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dropper Stylle Seatposts
  • shooterman

I was considering buying one of these. Anyone use one and would you say they’re worth the dosh?

mouth0rgan
    Free Member

My mates got the K900 and loves it, apart from having to send it back like 2 months after he had it cos it failed, these need regular servicing though.
    I’m after a dropper myself but running a 27.2 post so wondering what options I’ve got, might go with a gravity dropper as they seem the most reliable and easiest to service, just a shame they fugly

Gary_C

Got a Gravity Dropper here, 27.2mm size.

Had mine for 4 years now, ok, its ‘agricultural’ looking, but it does the job. Never had a reliability issue at all with it. Changed the inner & outer cables a while back as the post was going on a new frame & the cable run was different, was surprised that the cables used are just gear cables. Thought they might have been something unique to the post.

I’ve got the ‘basic’ 3″ drop, which works fine for my riding.

A thumbs up from me.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve been running a K900 for a couple of years now and love it. Yes it does have some play, but no you don’t really notice it when riding. Yes it needs a bit of TLC, but hey, tinkering with bikes is fun! (Especially when my LBS lets me use their workshop!)

For the right bike and the right sort of riding, a great upgrade. The right bike being a longer travel FS or hardtail and the right sort of riding being trail centre lunacy IMO.

carlos
    Free Member

Yes & Yes. After catching my baggies and mans bits once or twice on the seat, resulting in a couple of off’s and a “count ’em don’t rub em” scenario 8-0. I bought a Joplin 3 second hand, not had any issues with it and only strip it, clean and rebuild it when I can be bothered and I love it to bits.

It just gives that little bit more manouverability when moving about over/behind the seat.

Like everything though, its a personal choice

Trimix
    Free Member

If your doing stuff that you have to lower your normal seat for and your finding your cornering is also faster with your seat lower, then get a dropper.

It just allows the flow of the ride to continue.

Worth it ? Well thats very subjective and depends how much you value money.

Will it improve your ride ? – well if you ride varied terrain and like pushing yourself, probably.

Northwind

Absolutely worth it, they can make a huge difference to your riding. I’ve got one of mine fitted in the rigid XC bike, I’ll happily leave all the suspension at home but riding without a dropper post feels weird now :mrgreen: They are a little lever-operated lump of instant flow.

I’ve got a Gravity Dropper Turbo- which is ugly and agricultural, but light and has been rock solid reliable. Though QC seems to have gone to bits lately with badly fitted shims causing slop from new. Only failure I’ve had was a seat clamp bolt snapping but that’s a seatpost failure rather than a dropper seatpost failure 😉

Also got an i900, which has been a bit flakey, it constantly stuck down making it fairly useless… Just serviced it- apparently they need a service from new, nice one- and it seems sorted now but we’ll see. It’s certainly prettier than the GD and the infinate adjustability is nice.

bullit
    Free Member

been running a Gravity dropper with remote for a month or so now after buying it second hand off here. Its a 26.8mm with a shim up to 30.0mm (weird Iron Horse seat-tube sizes) and it works a treat on this fun / AM build. Once you get the knack of tapping it with yer arse when working the remote it is magic – now it is second nature and fantastic to carry speed and confidence into steep features getting the seat down for the section , then up again to get cranking on the climb to the next one. Really adds to my riding and well worth and weight gained and £ investment on a fun bike in my opinion.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Recently fitted a reverb to my Cube Stereo Race and it’s been brill. The carbon seatpost that came on the bike was an utter PITA and even with friction paste always slipped.

The RS Reverb is really neat and in comparison and to my mate’s Joplin 4 is an engineering masterpiece.

shooterman

Thanks to all. Looks like a gravity dropper as I need a 27.2 and I don’t think you can get a Joplin in that size!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dropper Stylle Seatposts’ is closed to new replies.