Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • dropper seatpost on a hardtail.
  • mrbump
    Free Member

I’m considering putting a dropper post on my hardtail which has a 27.2mm seat tube . my concern is the extra strain it will be under when used on the hardtail.any opinions or experiences?

Northwind

Aye, will work fine… My Gravity Dropper’s almost always been in my hardtail, never any bother.

Liftman

Gravity dropper on my on one summer season works great :mrgreen:

Junkyard
    Free Member

what they said and why do you think it will be under more strain?
    Not a troll just interested on your thinking

t-p26
    Free Member

Guess what… Gravity dropper on my Dialled works smashingly 🙄

captaindanger

they’re designed to work in bikes, hardtails definitely fall Into that category

mrbump
    Free Member

my thinking is that having no rear suspension put extra stain on the seat and post whilst sitting down over rough terrain and yes i do realise that you are supposed to unweight the saddle in accordance to the terrain, but it still recieves more impact than on a full sus.

mrbump
    Free Member

i know they are designed to work in bikes but i am asking if the design works in all bikes. i have lots of freinds who have dropper posts and i have lots of friends that have had problems with them. the gravity dropper seems a very simple design though with not a lot that can go wrong. how is it for sideways play of the saddle?
    also what others are available in 27.2mm. i know ks do one in this size,as anyone go experience with these.

speckledbob
    Free Member

I use a KS on a hard tail. It’s been back for repair once but can’t say if it’s due to the extra impact. It does get more stick than on an FS and I do wonder whether this could be the reason for the failure.

rotten
    Free Member

Have a Gravity Dropper on the Blue Pig, hasn’t been a problem.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I sap mine between bikes- cheaper to have one dropper and saddle than three different ones and nevr noticed anything
    GD has some sideways play [ few mm total travel] that either you dont notice or you get used to very quickly
    Beefier riders [ XC whippet boy personally – for weight not the speed] may make this worse or notice it more.

Pauldunk
    Free Member

Mrbump….

Where you planning on getting the GD from???

Paul.

Yetiman
    Free Member

I ran a 27.2 GD on my Prince Albert with no issues, and I’m currently running a Reverb on my Ragley Blue Pig. The quality of the Reverb is way above the GD, but having said that, in nearly 3 years of use the GD never failed me once, and just needed a couple of re-greases to keep it working smoothly.

mrbump
    Free Member

can you get the reverb in 27.2 mm?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘dropper seatpost on a hardtail.’ is closed to new replies.