Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • dropper seat
  • richi
    Free Member

been looking at getting a dropper seat after how good people say they are, its seems like everyone is using the reverb and it gets very good reviews on bikeradar, should i go for the reverb or is there another brand i should consider

roverpig

I did a quick review of my Gravity Dropper Turbo post earlier today (which sank like a stone :-))

GD Turbo

Worth at least considering if you value reliability and ease of service over good looks.

benzi
    Free Member

I have the reverb, I also had a cable pull one. I find the reverb way better, because it is operated by hydraulics and there is no cable to get stretched or get affected by dirt. My only problem was that the hose got pulled out of the back of the seatpost once in a crash. Once it was fixed it always works 100%

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

It’s a shame that it’s so pig ugly as apart from that it’s pretty much perfect.

I disagree quite a lot!

My GD (and another rider’s on the same ride) totally seized on a wet Welsh ride. It’s saving grace is that it is an utter doddle to strip, even mid-ride.

If I were running a 27.2mm post I’d happily run a GD again (and take a rag and some grease on any ride that looked wet). If I were running 30.9mm or bigger (which I do) I’d run a Reverb (which I do). I also used a KS i900 which was only warrantied twice, but is fine as long as you strip and grease it at least once a month(!). When it worked it was great, but if not looked after would gouge great chucks out of the slider which lead to the slider slipping into the post.

richi
    Free Member

nice review on the gd turbo but my word its ugly lol

roverpig

My GD (and another rider’s on the same ride) totally seized on a wet Welsh ride. It’s saving grace is that it is an utter doddle to strip, even mid-ride.

Was this the latest version of the Turbo with the rubber gaiter that doesn’t have any holes in? It’s such a simple thing that the only way I can see it seizing is if crap gets into it and I can’t see how crap can get past the latest gaiter. Not saying it can’t, just that I can’t see it.

Not that I’m carrying a candle for the GD. As I say, it is ugly and I doubt I’d have considered it if I didn’t have a bike with a 27.2mm seat tube, but I can’t really fault the way it has coped with some pretty cold wet rides over the winter up here in Aberdeenshire.

richi
    Free Member

seems i might be best keeping with a reverb

richi
    Free Member

does anyone have any experience with the Crank Brothers Joplin with the remote?

bruders338
    Free Member

I’ve just got the giant version as it was cheap and if i dont get on with it then nothing too sad

trevron73
    Free Member

Ive got the Kronolog and its been faultless in all areas? it does not move when i lift by the saddle , does not have play (well a thousandth of a mm ) its never slow its able to drop /return to whatever i want not pre position.not in 27. diameter though , otherwise id get one for the Beast , worth a try if you take care of it ,i lube /wipe /grease every second ride and i dry the entire bike with a hair dryer on full after washing ?the wife thinks im mad ????

BearBack
    Free Member

I’ve run all manner of Joplin’s. Couple of failures on the 3’s but the 4’s have been faultless!
    Granted, not using them in UK mud though.

JoeG
    Free Member

I love my KS Levs, but I understand that there is now no UK distributor right now, so warranty could be a headache. Therefore you may want to look at something else unless a new distributor is named before you buy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘dropper seat’ is closed to new replies.