Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Dropper Posts, obscure option content.
  • johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Hi all, just got a refund on the Thomson after a couple of problems and not sure what to get next. I don’t have stealth routing so am looking in the direction of posts like the KS lev with no cable movement.

Choices are,

Vecnum Moveloc
    Yep Components Uptimizer
    KS Lev

Any one any experience of these?

swanny853

Based on the Lev the GF has had since Christmas, I will be getting one for the new bike when I have enough spare pennies. I have a reverb at present which will stay on one bike instead of getting swapped around. I’d say the Lev is worth the extra.

dudeofdoom

If you can live with a moving cable I think the other KS posts can be bought much cheaper because of the success of the lev..

I replaced my reverb with a drop zone remote and ended up getting another for my commute bike, I prefer them to the reverb tbh.

shredder
    Free Member

Lev 18mths zero problems.
    Reverb few weeks niggles already

stevied
    Free Member

Replaced my Lev after it went back for a 2nd warranty issue. Got the Thomson instead which feels much better out of the box.
    If you do get a Lev I’d avoid buying it from Germany as, if anything goes wrong, it’ll take weeks to sort out.

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

I would like to stick with the cable at the base, the Thomson cable would skim the wheel on drops and big hits. I was all set on a Lev but saw a Vecnum prototype on a team Nicolai bike at this years mega and it looked interesting. The Uptimizer I happened across on the internet. Not sure about buying direct from either Switzerland or Germany, warranty could be a pain to send back but then the KS Lev is a bit on the steep side.

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

What issue did you have stevied? I was looking to get it from ubyk. not many places sell the KS it seems.

stevied
    Free Member

1st time the return cartridge failed and the seat would sag about an inch when sat on. 2nd time the actuator string, inside, snapped.

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Doesn’t sound too good. What was the repair turn around?

Pridds

Actuator string replacement is about a 40 minute job you can do at home You can get the parts from Jungle for about £5.

stevied
    Free Member

1st repair took 4 weeks to sort, 2nd time got a refund after 7 weeks.

@pridds
    . I did look at doing it myself but didn’t want to risk doing it wrong and invalidating the warranty.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just stripped and serviced my Lev, there was a tiny bit of play rotationally and as it was one of the first ones decided to check it out (much less than reverbs) the string looks easy to replace and I believe you can use fishing line as it’s stronger.

Apart from that great post and zero cable movement so happy here.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Dropper Posts, obscure option content.’ is closed to new replies.