Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dropper post release protection
  • KevinPP
    Free Member

Anybody found a way of stopping water and dirt getting in to the cable release on their dropper post? (At the seat post end, and apart from a rear mudguard)
    I fashioned a temporary cover out of a tinfoil apple pie case, zip tied on to the top of the post on a recent wet weekend in Wales. Rather nifty but it wasn’t ideal.
    I now have a cut down neoprene fork boot that works better but still isn’t ideal.
    I’d have thought someone would have come up with an add on gadget by now as it must be quite a common problem.

KevinPP
    Free Member

So am I the only one that has this problem……??? 😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

what post?
    not had this issue with a gd or a joplin

ChrisL

I have fitted a Middleburn Cable Oiler to the remote outer on one of my i900Rs, it doesn’t stop dirt getting in but it means I can flush it out with GT85 or WD40.

KevinPP
    Free Member

It’s a KS i950. Inevitable with this design I guess.

ChrisL – Does it stop it from sticking tho? Got caught out in a heavy shower last weekent and within 10 minutes it was sticking. The cable pulls in ok but doesn’t extend again so the post goes down fine but then won’t stay in place, which means I have to stop and fiddle until it moves freely again. Which sort of defeats the object of a remote…

Northwind

I’ve not done anything for any of mine, but I did replace the cable on the KS very quickly as it felt rough almost immediately… Stuck on an XTR gear cable instead which has worked flawlessly since.

KevinPP
    Free Member

Cheers Northwind. Is that the cable with the rubber sealing bit at the end??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dropper post release protection’ is closed to new replies.