Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Dropper Post Recomendations
  • johnw1984
    Free Member

Just got a Magura Vyron to go on the new build tomorrow 🙂

Can’t wait to try it out!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Wiggles! Elaborate please!

wiggles
    Free Member

I cant or I’d have to kill you 😉

There has been a few spy pics online I believe but no official release yet.

poltheball
    Free Member
    nickjb
    Free Member

The Bontranger or DVO? Although neither are very secret or expected to be cheap. Not sure a dropper post is where I’d want untried tech though. There’s been a lot if misses from the others

7600e
    Free Member

Could you please link the spy pics? You’ve got me interested too…

Northwind

PJM1974 – Member

Next up is the Reverb. It would be awesome, if I hadn’t had to have bled it three times in the year I’ve owned it.

It takes me longer to find the syringes than to bleed a reverb, incidentally- really easy to do, worth just getting a bleed kit and doing it yourself.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Thankfully, I have got a bleed kit, which is worth it’s weight in gold.

My annoyance is that I’ve had to bleed the damn thing three times in the space of a year, which is a minor PITA.

Anyway, I am very, very intrigued by the reports of a competitively priced dropper post coming soon from a highly regarded manufacturer.

It can’t be Bonty (only 31.6mm and expensive) or DVO (expensive)…it can’t be Fox, or Rockshox, or X-Fusion…Ohlins? Cane Creek?

JackHammer

I like the look of those 9point8 fall line droppers, but I have no idea where you’d get it from. POsitive review from pinkbike too.

Gaz6r4
    Free Member

I am currently in the market for a dropper too but restricted by it having to be 27.2. The KS Eten is what I think I’m going to go for and has to be worth a try at that price.

tallmart10

I am at the opposite end, Gaz6r4. I have a 34.9mm carbon frame and don’t fancy shimming as in my limited experience of shims it is just another 2 surfaces to slide against each other. Using Pop-eye strength to tighten a seat clamp on a carbon frame doesn’t fill me with excitement.
    That leaves me only the Reverb as an option, I believe ..

slimjim78
    Free Member

I cant or I’d have to kill you

It’s ok, tell us, and then kill mosey

dumbbot
    Free Member

Tell us or we’ll kill you wiggles :mrgreen: I’m holding fire for the new version of the RSP Plummet http://www.tredz.co.uk/.RSP-Plummet-Remote-Dropper-Seat-Post_70234.htm

much cheapness

pypdjl
    Free Member

Anyone know of anywhere that has the 27.2 KS eten in stock? Seems hard to get hold of…

tallmart10

I reckon it’ll be a new Fox offering, since they are experts in bouncy stuff and no-one buys their dropper. Just guessing though. Am I in the right ball park, Wiggles?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah, most likely a new kashima stealth version, like the one spotted on Richie Rude’s Yeti.

wiggles
    Free Member

Might be 😉

Also if people think it isn’t a £230 bonty because that is too expensive then you obviously have a different definition of reasonable to me…

Reasonable= less than reverb/LEV

Gaz6r4
    Free Member

Anyone know of anywhere that has the 27.2 KS eten in stock? Seems hard to get hold of…

Stif had them in stock on their website 2 days ago, must have just ran out. I’m going to give them a bell tomorrow I’ll let you know how I get on.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Any idea when the mystery post will be released?

I’m hovering over buy but if it’s imminent I’ll wait a few weeks.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

In my experience reverbs work flawlessly for about 2 years then start to have problems and its almost as cheap to replace than to get a full service as there are usually deals around. Got my last reverb for about £125 vs about £80 – £100 for a full on proper overhaul. Now i’ve got 2 I might start overhauling one and rotating them that way. Not ideal but now i’ve invested it shouldn’t be too bad going forward so I’ll stick with Reverb – they work brilliantly…for 2 years – but then again they are serviceable items with sacrificial parts just like any component with slidy bits.

My mates got a Thompson. It’s a lovely bit of kit but lasted about 18 months before he started having issues with it. They’re not serviceable so he sent it back to Thompson for a ‘service’ but they returned it with replaced internals FOC. He’s still not clear whether this was a warranty job or part of the normal Thompson service. I guess he’ll find out next time it needs attention.

Mackem

Had a KS LEv for more than 2 years, never serviced it all. Still works fine.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Dropper Post Recomendations’ is closed to new replies.