Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dropper Post Question.
  • wilkij1975
    Free Member

Hi all

I’ve just fitted an Easton dropper and was wondering how quickly it should return to the top?

The thing is **** lethal and would have my nuts off if I’m not careful!

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

I no nothing of the Eastons but my X-Fusion has an air valve to tune the nut cracking function.

wilkij1975
    Free Member

I had to put some air in this 20 – 40 psi so went in the middle. Not sure if more or less would’ve helped?

nickjb
    Free Member

My command post is pretty brisk if you let it fly. I usually rise with it or stand well clear

julzm
    Free Member

The Easton posts do return very quickly. IIRC there is a way to adjust it internally.

wilkij1975
    Free Member

I’ve noticed that I tightened the cable a bit wrong. That might be why it’s a little on the quick side?

nickdavies

There’s a valve under the saddle, drop the pressure a couple of psi to slow it a bit.

The easier option is to put a little bit of free play into the remote cable, should stop it actuating all the way. Tightening the cable wrong won’t speed it up so that’s not causing it – you can’t open the lever any more than all the way.

wilkij1975
    Free Member

It had no air on it to start with and was still brutal. I’ve tried getting slack at the lever and that didn’t work either.

I’ll keep playing though and see what happens. I can always do what nickjb does when it’s returning!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dropper Post Question.’ is closed to new replies.