Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • dropper post
  • possum-hunter

Going to alps soon and wondering if safe to lower dropper post whilst in bike bag? Obviously it will be down for some time, will this do any harm ?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Probably not… He says.

Which dropper you got?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I put my rigid post in for packing and strapped the dropper inside the main triangle. Theory being that I had a spare if it went pop and I’d put the dropper in a safer position.

possum-hunter

Got a reverb

wobbliscott
    Free Member

If you’ve got a reverb then on theory you should be ok. I personally don’t like having the reverb partially down or fully down for much more than a few hours car journey, but that just my paranoia.

tomhoward

My reverb has been in the down position for the last 6 weeks. Just checked it. It’s fine.

JoeG
    Free Member

KS ships their Lev seatposts compressed. But the remote isn’t attached, so there is no way that it could extend during shipment.

With a Reverb, you can’t disconnect the cable, though…

possum-hunter

Thanks all for the response, mind at rest now 🙂

Northwind

It will be absolutely fine unless your seatpost sucks balls, which to be fair some do. KSs can be a little sticky if you leave them down- need pulled up to release, but once that’s done and they’ve been cycled a couple of times they’re back to normal.

I like mine for packing the bag, you can sort out all the frame, wheels etc then raise the seatpost to the perfect height so that it’s up against the top of the bag/box- stops things moving about.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘dropper post’ is closed to new replies.