Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Trying to source a Drop out pivot bolt s-works enduro 07
  • sean12
    Free Member

While recently out riding the pivot bolt on the derailleur side has worked itself loose and disappeared, so trying now to source a replacement but specialized only sell the full bolt kit at £50, i don’t need all of the bolts and i am reluctant to buy them all when only one is needed, can anybody help please? The part number for the replacement bolt is 2.c dropout pivot bolt (alloy bolt m10 thread x 28ml shaft length, 4mm allen hex head).

Many Thanks, fingers crossed and looking forward to getting back out on my bike!

Sean

ryreed
    Free Member

This may be a long shot but Dales Cycles in Glasgow recently replaced a set from my Enduro SL under warranty…a couple of weeks ago. If they use the same bolts then they may have the ones they removed lying around. Perhaps if you offered them a tenner to dig it out and send it they would? They are nice chaps and I dealt with Dougie their mechanic. Maybe if you needed some other kit anyway you could do some shopping with them using the money you saved…

Worth a try!

schnor
    Free Member

I cant remember if its a standard or fine thread (I suspect its a fine, as the large hollow axles are), if its standard your local nut + bolt shop will definitely have one, if its a fine and they don’t have one in stock / they can’t order one then go here. Take the other one into the shop and they will be able to tell you which it is.

The only thing you can’t (easily) find a cheap alternative are the large hollow axles (2a and 2d) / flange nuts.

[edit]

I forgot to add, although anything m10 x 30 (you can’t get a m10 x 28, but 30 will be fine) will fit it has to be a button screw, anything with a taller cap height will catch on the chain when its in top gear

the steel equivalent will obviously be a teeny bit heavier as its not hollow or made of cheese / “alloy”

sean12
    Free Member

I will ring dales cycles this morning when they open as i dont think a standard bolt will do the job as the center of the bolt needs to be polished to move on the the bearing not sure??

many thank to you both

sean12
    Free Member

Cheers paul I tried them and the full kit is forty pound. I rang dales cycles but got no joy I will keep trying to find one until I cant be bothered anymore then it will have to be the full bolt kit 🙁

bigyinn
    Free Member

Perhaps pop round to dales with the offending boilt and ask if you can have a rummage around in their spares box?
    Does the lovely Debbie still run dales? I presume Jim the smoking boss is no longer of this earth?

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve used a few standard bolts mine and the mrs’s FSRs. M10x30 will be easy to get and should be OK. Try pro-bolt, they might even have a Ti one 🙂

I’ve got a spare kit from an 06 enduro. If you can find the same bolt in there I’ll send it to you for postage.

sean12
    Free Member

I have just had a look at the pdf for your 06 enduro and the bolts c2 on the diagram are 31.5mm long so i think they will be to long but thanks alot for the offer. Standard bolts wont do the job as these are fitted bolts with a polished centre.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Trying to source a Drop out pivot bolt s-works enduro 07’ is closed to new replies.