• This topic has 20 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by wilsonemma017-spam.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Drone curious for real estate biz
  • wicki
    Free Member

Hi wondering if it is realistic to think of learning to fly a drone for real estate photography.

Can it be learnt quickly ?
    what would be a good but not expensive model to start on ?

dannybgoode

Yes but to fly commercially you need a CAA licence. Various courses are available to teach you to fly and for you to acquire said licence.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Fir commercial use then?

You need an caa licence don’t you?

Damnit 6 seconds

richmars

Before spending money, check what the competition is like, and how much you can charge per job. Even a cheapish drone will be £500 +, add to that the CAA license as mentioned above.

Edit, or FAA in the USA

wicki
    Free Member

Its not charging per job as I am an agent, it would be to improve my own advertising so like my camera just a tool of the job I am being asked to sell some large estates hunting shooting farming etc.

richmars

I think that still comes under commercial use, so needs a licence, even if no money changes hands.

joshvegas
    Free Member

A tool for your job.

So its commercial then?

tpbiker
    Free Member

As mentioned above you will need a licence but once you have that the actual taking pics bit isn’t hard..

I have a dji spark which costs about 700 all in and whilst it takes good pics, you may need to spend more for 4k.

bikebouy
    Free Member

We use a drone for our farm, BIL did the CAA license 7mths ago and has since got some work from neighbouring farms that want fences/animals and such keeping an eye on.
    I’m thinking of doing the course and doing something similar..

rocketman
    Free Member

Not one of these Eachine Wizard

rocket jr has an older one that he’s ‘modded’. It does about 200 mph and crashes at every opportunity

fisha
    Free Member

I can certainly envisage that for large land areas, then a drone would assist in some of the photos. I would agree that it would seem to fall under being commercial use.

Just being looking a the costs of that though … £170ish for initial, and £130 yearly after that. ooft!

bikebouy
    Free Member

We bought this DJI Magic Pro, IIRC it was £850 thereabouts.
    We’ve had no issues with flying it over either our Cows nor Sheep, but that was a real worry.. so we borrowed one first and got one of the demonstrators guys out to show us it and just so he could understand where and what we were using it for.. he came down from Northumberland FOC and was really well versed with our requirements, there seem to be a fair few farmers using these now, it’s saving costs buy not using quads and taking about 20% of the time too.

fisha
    Free Member

A friend of mine is using it to map large areas. He can program it to scan an area to map, and then just send it off. Similarly he chatting about farmers being able to send it waypoints to check areas of land.

alpin
    Free Member

Where has all the hate gone?

Its not charging per job as I am an agent[/i]

An estate agent, people!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Agree about the Hate, in open public spaces yes obvz.

We use ours for Private Land only.

alpin
    Free Member

I was hinting more at the fact the OP is am estate agent….

Are you sure you can live with yourself offering advice to an estate agent…. 😉

zilog6128

Just being looking a the costs of that though … £170ish for initial, and £130 yearly after that. ooft!

If you’re actually using it to make money, that’s nothing. I pay more than that just to have the bloody radio on!

seosamh77
    Free Member

matt_outandabout

Careful if you fly over the neighbours….

richardk
    Free Member

Like this? Cotswold Imagery

As above, “CAA approved … Providing all relevant information is presented in advance, safety checks, pre-flight surveys and risk assessments can be completed before the big day, ensuring a smooth and professional operation.”

It’s a great idea, certainly beats an estate agent sending the intern round with an iPad to do the photos (happened to a neighbour)

GrahamS

Years ago a mate of mine used to do field surveys using a homemade rig consisting of a huge mast with a camera secured on the top and wires running down for the remote. 😀

No CAA license required for that 😆

(Ming you, he does have drone now)

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Drone curious for real estate biz’ is closed to new replies.