• This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by poly.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Driving with bikes on the back of caravans
  • Harry_the_Spider

Why don’t people put them in the caravans?

Genuine question. Not trolling or owt.

aP
    Free Member

I guess its like some people don’t keep their bikes in their houses.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Caravan doors are quite narrow and interior space through which you need to maneouvre the bike to get them inside means it’s a royal pain in the tits to get them in and out without damaging the bikes, scratching / oiling / dirtying up the interior of the caravan and skinning your knuckles.
    Then they need secured inside to stop them crashing about every time you turn a corner or brake.

It’s like putting your bike inside the car but through one of the rear passenger doors. It’s doable but too much faff to be worth it.

Just not worth the hassle when there are external racks custom designed for the job. I put them on the roof of the car.

wwaswas

Unusual to see bikes on the back of caravans, tbh, it plays havoc with nose weights and trailer balance.

But for motorhomes what PP said applies if they don’t have a bike garage across the back..

Harry_the_Spider

Thank you. I am now enlightened.

It has however ruined my M60 traffic jam ponderings. I’ve even investigated what the different coloured traffic cones in road work mean before now.

maccruiskeen

Time for a new game then – at any time when theres not at least 3 private /personal / cherished number plates in view honk your horn.

Sounds dull but you’ll get to honk your horn far less often than you’d imagine.

wwaswas

take the three letters off a car number plate.

winner is person who makes the longest word with those three letters in that order.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

winner is person who makes the longest word with those three letters in that order.

Wasn’t there a game show years ago with that as part of the game…with a bonus going to the person with the longest word? I do it too, but some combinations are proper arses. 🙂 Much harder than the game show.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Wasn’t there a game show years ago with that as part of the game…with a bonus going to the person with the longest word?

Catchword….Gyles bloody Brandreth

Harry_the_Spider

I’ll stick to pondering the colour of traffic cones.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Starting at a and using only the letters visible through the windows get to z.

yetidave
    Free Member

green for site accesses

tomhoward

I guess its like some people don’t keep their bikes in their houses.

Some people want to watch the world burn

simmy
    Free Member

I’ll stick to pondering the colour of traffic cones

Blue is where there is power lines I think

Harry_the_Spider

Green and White – The cones have been produced and placed to indicate access to a lane for drivers.

Yellow and White – These cones indicate that no stopping is permitted – important in areas with a heavy volume of traffic or quick-moving traffic.

Blue and White – The blue and white cones are used to indicate overhead structures, and ensure that drivers of tall vehicles are aware of potential collisions. These cones can also be used to indicate overhead cables as well as fixed structures – sometimes the cones will feature a yellow band.

The following cone colours are used on EnterpriseMouchel contracted sites:

Green – These cones are used to indicate the entrance to work sites from live carriageways. This can help drivers identify when to slow down and check for oncoming traffic.

Yellow – Used to help workers identify the proximity of overhead high voltage cables. These are particularly helpful for drivers of tall vehicles, helping protect them against the prospect of driving through the cables.

Apparently.

perchypanther
    Free Member

We have some black cones at our church for funerals to stop people parking where the hearse needs to stop

Tiger6791

Ours go on the front 😆

And inside, it’s specially designed for it….

poly
    Free Member

The load carrying capacity of some caravans is also surprisingly low. Whilst you’d fit the bikes in you might be overweight if all your luggage etc is inside too. And if you need a bike rack at the other end for local trips then it makes sense… …well as much as anything involving a caravan makes sense .

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Driving with bikes on the back of caravans’ is closed to new replies.