Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Driving with 1 pedal – hybrids
  • plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Think I must be getting old….quite like the idea of a hybrid motor. I do enjoy driving and have done my fair share of “making progress” over the years. But the driving I do these days doesn’t really lend itself to razzing about and overtaking, so thinking about other options. Basically, I want I nice place to sit, with climate, nice stereo etc. Also quite fancy an auto, and like the sound of regenerative braking where you do most of your slowing down just by coming off the gas, so you can drive one pedalled. Honest John reckons that the Toyota drivetrain are pretty much bomb proof, so a high spec auris or CT200 would satisfy my need for minimal unplanned expense, unlike a 5ish year old diesel. Has anyone on here taken the plunge and been glad?

chewkw
    Free Member

Everyone in the far east is driving automatic gear car unless you are a boy racer.

I drive Toyota automatic gear car and I must say it is wonderful especially when you have to negotiate through all the roundabouts.

:mrgreen:

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Don’t own a car but hire when I need to, can’t remember the last manual I drove. Honestly not needed, easier, simpler and just as easy to drive and overtake if needed. Just a lot less gear changes and hassle, supurb in town and in traffic too.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Everyone in the far east is driving automatic gear car unless you are a boy racer.

I drive Toyota automatic gear car and I must say it is wonderful especially when you have to negotiate through all the roundabouts.

If the Phils is anything to go by, that’s because people can’t be bothered to learn to drive and just bribe a local official for a license.

mcnultycop

I’ve got an is300h. It’s ace, but it’s a company car so maintenance, etc doesn’t worry me. 26k miles though and it’s faultless. Quick enough, comfortable, quiet, the lot…

chewkw
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – Member
    If the Phils is anything to go by, that’s because people can’t be bothered to learn to drive and just bribe a local official for a license.

You can do that too if you wish but it must be worth the while.

However, I would still advise you to at least know how to drive a bit to avoid serious injury. Otherwise, if you have a head on collision with timber carrying lorry and if you’re lucky you will be half dead or dead.

If you are unlucky, you get crowd of people with their mobile taking pictures of your guts or video clips all over while you are dying. Paramedic … ya … they normally collect corpse unless you are really lucky to be alive. I kid you not.

😯

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Driving with 1 pedal – hybrids’ is closed to new replies.