Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Driving to Nottingham tomorrow – insane?
  • LenHankie

I need to drive up from London to Nottingham tomorrow to pick up a sofa won on fleaBay. I was meant to go on Wednesday evening but had to call it off once already for obvious inclement weather reasons. So I’ve have booked a van for tomorrow or I’ll never get it done. We need the sofa and they need to get rid of it!

So, anyone up that way able to let me know what conditions are like, or better still, what the M1 is like today?

Am I asking for trouble or will it be absolutely fine and I should just MTFU?

Ta

robbo1234biking

M1 will be fine up to Nottingham

Check out

http://www.trafficengland.com/motorwayflow.aspx?ct=true#mtf

For motorway info – you can get cams up as well

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The M1 has been fine all week, down to one lane briefly for a while, now up to 3 as normal.

Still you might struggle just being behind numptys doing 30mph on the motorway because theres a bit of snow on the verge.

Speak to seller and see how much snow is on the local roads though, that will be more your problem.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Nottingham itself hasn’t had that much snow either, 6 miles north it’s a different matter. There are some very steep roads in parts of Nottingham, which are going to be more of a problem. Where roughly are you going?

restless
    Free Member

depends if your going to north notts, they have the worst snow.
    i live in south notts and its only the side roads, country lanes thats are slidy, but still drivable if you are careful.

lodious
    Free Member

I’m based in South Notts and have not had a problem getting into town all week, they have been really good at gritting here.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Driving to Nottingham tomorrow – insane?’ is closed to new replies.