Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Driving back from Newcastle Upon Tyne to Shopshire, where shall I stop and ride?
  • Nick

Friday afternoon, thinking about the Howgills or even the Peaks, any other suggestions?

geordiemick00
    Free Member

if you go A69 M6 then you’re spoilt for choice!! Depends on how keen you are on sitting in traffic…..

You could do a nice route around Rivington, not far off J28 M6 and a good break into the journey

warton
    Free Member

A66, eden valley?, lunch at the black swan in ravonstonedale?

Nick

thanks chaps, could do with a gpx or route description if anyone can oblige?

looneylunn
    Free Member

You could get off the M6 at j36 and go to Langsett and do Cutgate path? Not sure if you get on the M1 further south at the M18 junction though? I’m sure someone could get you a Gps file thingy on here for cutgate if you decide to do it. By the way it’s a magical trail. I love it!

Steve.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Go over the A686 through Alston to Penrith. Divert off to Garrigill. ride Cross Fell and High Cup Nick (route in the latest mag) if you’ve got time.
    If nothing else, the road over Hartside is a hoot 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Driving back from Newcastle Upon Tyne to Shopshire, where shall I stop and ride?’ is closed to new replies.