Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Driving and Alcohol.
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

What is your personal drink drive limit and why? Mine used to be an absolute zero, but will now drive after one or two.

yossarian
    Free Member

Clip clop

Be more inventive.

Edric64
    Free Member

More than when I cycle.It’s really hard riding 11 miles home from the pub after a few ,and all the pubs near me are full of ned’s.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Got to be able to walk to the car so I try and park right outside the pub 😉

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Valid point for discussion. Can be expanded to include how many drinks will you have and still get on your bike.

PJ266
    Free Member

One. and normally only a shandy.

(I am from the South see 😉 )

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I won’t drive unless I’m absolutely steaming drunk. It’s just no fun otherwise.

Jamie
    Free Member

What is that sound?

*listens*

Can you hear it?

*listens*

It sounds familiar.

*listens*

Oh I know what it is!

It’s the sound the bottom of a barrel makes when it is being scraped.

yossarian
    Free Member

Oh ok then.

6 pints/40 mushrooms max for riding.

crikey
    Free Member

I’ve hinted at this before, but the combination of children and a respectable career has had a deleterious effect on the quality of your postage.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Crikey – nah mate. Nowt to do with kids or a respectable career. A wish to avoid a ban, no looming repossession or bankruptcy and a couple of other things have lead to a bit of a mellowing.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Driving – zero. Not even the morning after a big sesh.

Cycling? If I can get on the bike and get to the end of the street I will ride home

Ryan-
    Free Member

Okay I’m only 17, but I don’t think it’s worth the risk at all IMO.. Heard that they were apparently thinking of bringing in a ‘no alcohol at all’ thing for drivers. After reading a few posts, I wonder what sort of lives and responsibilities a few people have, is it even worth drinking and driving? If you can spend ‘x’ amount on getting jolly, surely you could afford a taxi? 😕

ThePilot
    Free Member

None for driving. I’ve driven the morning after before and must have still been drunk so don’t do that anymore.
    Riding. I used to love riding pissed. After falling off a few times though I only have one or two now.
    Terribly sensible I know.

crikey
    Free Member

Crikey – nah mate. Nowt to do with kids or a respectable career. A wish to avoid a ban, no looming repossession or bankruptcy and a couple of other things have lead to a bit of a mellowing.

Sorry, I didn’t quite phrase it right; I don’t mean that your posts are of a lower quality, just that you seem to have a bit less edge when attempting to be .. controversial?

It’s good, I like it, settling down and that?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Like you said yourself once crikey – I could play them like Cletus played the banjo. Stops being fun when its that easy.

Xylene
    Free Member

In the UK, nill.

crikey
    Free Member

You were very, very good…. 😆

Northwind

Nil… But only because I can never see any point in having an alcoholic drink if I’m not going to get a bit pissed.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

did use both sides of the way home on the bike over christmas, it is quiet round here

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I know. I have an absolute belter up my sleeve for a rainy bored day.

donsimon
    Free Member

Only ever 1, can’t ever remember which one though, usually the 14th or 15th I think.

kennyp
    Free Member

Used to be I would never drink and drive. Then I saw a statistic that says something like 85% of drivers involved in accidents are stone cold sober. I vowed there and then never to be one of that irresponsible majority.

TandemJeremy – Member
    Driving – zero. Not even the morning after a big sesh.

Cycling? If I can get on the bike and get to the end of the street I will ride home

Not exclusively aimed at you Teej, as others have mentioned riding pished, but you seemed to make the clearest distinction.

I’m not being judgemental, as I’ve ridden pished before, however….

I would imagine there are many reasons you wouldn’t drive drunk, but I’d imagine one is a moralistic judgement. How then do you view the fact that you could possibly fall off your bike into the path of an oncoming car, thus destroying the lives of both the driver, your partner and your family?

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Just to put this into perspective, my parents were knocked off my dads motorbike, by a drunk driver who lost control of her car and span across the road into them, my father died on the way to hospital and my mother was induced into a medical coma, due to her injuries, to enable her to be treated. Just thought I’d let you all know, and now back to the good humour and the jovial nature of discussing how drunk we can all get and then drive.

Oh and the lady driver, who was drunk and arrested at the scene received 18 months.

juan
    Free Member

Okay I’m only 17, but I don’t think it’s worth the risk at all IMO..

Mate (is it ok for me to call you mate) you’ve got my utmost respect. I wish your French counterparts would be that sensible.

As for me, I never drink. Teatotal, so I am not really concerned about this thread.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR

Its a bit dodgy but simplistically the odds of me damaging someone else when pissed on a bike are very low, the odds on me damaging someone when pissed in a car are much higher. The severity of any incident in a car is much higher to bystanders.

It tends to be not on the road anyway but on the local network of offroad paths although occasionally back from the pub up town.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Christ on a Bike – i am agreeing with TJ again.

I don’t really care whether i live or die but would feel a bit bad about killing an innocent for the sake of a drink.

Try playing xbox driving games and see how your times improve with the more beer you drink. Much easier to switch to shoot ’em ups after a few beers.

Lifer
    Free Member

Zero. Know someone who ‘woke up’ after driving into a parked car the morning after so careful with that too.

Hypothetical, but not unthinkable question.

It’s pub turning out time, off you go swerving down the road on your bike. A car comes round the corner, swerves to avoid you and ploughs into the group of people leaving the pub.

Is this still acceptable behaviour?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Has the driver been drinking?

epicyclo

Zero

No

CountZero

Maximum two pints driving the car, two, possibly three riding the bike. As one of the pubs I visit on the bike is at the bottom of a valley, and there’s a steep climb straight out, by the time I’ve wheezed to the top on my SS, I usually have to stop for another pint in the next village as an anaesthetic. I’ve been breathalised after two Guiness and It came up negative, btw.

catfood
    Free Member

Nothing if Im in the car, I rode a motorbike for many years and if I had a single pint I could really feel the difference, you dont really notice it when driving a car but you are just as impaired.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Zero.

BillMC

4 or 5 max on the bike, 2 max when driving (probably shandy).

PeteG55
    Free Member

Just the one if driving. 4 is probably my limit on the bike, get a bit wobbly after that. Having said that visited a beer festival last summer and had something in the region of 8. Took a very long time to get back. 😆

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I used to have 4 or 5 before riding home on a regular basis after work. It was great when you where on the flat, but as soon as you had to go uphill it was a nightmare, haha.

Still, it’s all fun though. Wouldn’t drive after a drink though, but then again I can’t drive, I can only ride a motorbike. The only thing I’ve ever drunk before riding a motorbike is Tesco Value Bitter, and that’s about 1.5% alcohol and tastes lovely.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Best to have a carrier bag handy in case you need to throw up. Maybe hang it off the steering wheel or something.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Driving and Alcohol.’ is closed to new replies.