Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • drivers not clearing their windscreens
  • grum
    Free Member

Yet another ‘why isn’t everyone else as great as me’ thread. Classic STW. 😐

IHN

‘why isn’t everyone else as great as me’

It’s a valid question though 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

I think I’ve reached that age when I can put a piece of carpet on my windscreen.

Pro here, I wipe the lot with a brush, roof, lights, around the wiper mechs, number plate. Of course this does take a huge 30 seconds of my life up.

matther01
    Free Member

A friend of mine was left hospitalised by a hardened piece of snow/ice off the back of a flat bed lorry. The oncoming lorry hit a bump in the road and the snow/ice went flying right through his window and into his face.

I find it incredible that some folks just don’t understand how dangerous it is to drive without properly clearing their vehicles.

Mind you, just how many people are actually taught and learn to drive in the winter. Personally I think it should be a pre-requisite before gaining your licence.

MrGrim

I was pulling out to overtake an arctic on the Forth Road Bridge a couple of years ago when a 10ft long and very thick slab of ice slid off the roof of the trailer and landed where my car had been 2 seconds before. Would definitely have come through my windscreen into the front seats. Always keep well away from the back of lorries now in snow and ice.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Mind you, just how many people are actually taught and learn to drive in the winter.

i passed on january the 5th, after driving my mum to my nans to prove i was safe i proceded to go out to the hills, slide about in the snow and park the car in a hedge. 😳

Spongebob
    Free Member

Nah, leave the roof. Always like to see cars with snowhicans. It’s like a faster version of Buckaroo, waiting to see at which point it all goes flying off.

So what happens when you brake and a large slab of melting snow totally obscures your windscreen?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Mind you, just how many people are actually taught and learn to drive in the winter.

I was taught to drive in the winter. I’m fairly sure it’s given me a bit more confidence how to drive in the ice and snow. I’m not ‘awesome’ by any stretch but have a healthy appreciation/respect for the weather. Didn’t get too many bad habits too early in my driving career.

DezB
    Free Member

So what happens when you brake and a large slab of melting snow totally obscures your windscreen?

See here

alfabus
    Free Member

I was pulling out to overtake an arctic

Did it have continental tyres?

leffeboy

well done 🙂 was thinking of something along those lines but you win

poly
    Free Member

I think it is safer… now at least you know they are driving round with no idea what is around them. Normally its pot luck…

PiknMix
    Free Member

As if I would put my car in a garage, that’s where the bikes live!

D0NK

grum – Member
    Yet another ‘why isn’t everyone else as great as me’ thread. Classic

hmmm

WTF goes through a someones mind that says it’ll be fine to drive around having scrapped a bit of snow the size of a letter box from the front windscreen!!!!!

seems a perfectly reasonable question/rant-ette, as the div in the Audi TT shows, that sort of behaviour is stupid and dangerous.

Northwind

Progress- my car has a heated windscreen
    Antiprogress- it has rain sensing wipers which turn on as soon as I hit the ignition, when the windscreen’s still covered in ice

The blue oval giveth, and it taketh away.

CountZero

Northwind – Member

*sigh* I had a car with one of those once. I really miss it. And the car. 😥

gmex619
    Free Member

I have a car with a heated windscreen, well I say heated. It’s got a blower inside the car for it. 😉

gmex619
    Free Member

I have a car with a heated windscreen, well I say heated. It’s got a blower inside the car for it. 😉

zokes
    Free Member

I have a car with a heated windscreen, well I say heated, I live in Australia

breadcrumb

Leaving snow on your car is classed as a unsecured load, few round here were pulled by the fuzz in previous winters.

samuri
    Free Member

I was pulling out to overtake an arctic

Well done! 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

watched woman in alfa mito this morning come into the carpark at work

pull up , get out

start clearing the 2 inch of frozen powder snow off her roof , bonnet and lights …..

her husband will love her for the mess she will have made scraping the bonnet with the windscreen scraper like it was a window !

servo
    Free Member

Antiprogress- it has rain sensing wipers which turn on as soon as I hit the ignition, when the windscreen’s still covered in ice

The blue oval giveth, and it taketh away.

After being attacked by my automatic wipers while scraping the windscreen I now turn them off before turning the ignition on.

meehaja
    Free Member

Hold up, highway code enforcement snipers? Where can i apply for this job?

allthepies
    Free Member

Bad design 🙂 My rain sensor wipers disable themselves after the ignition is turned off such that when you fire the car up again they won’t start flapping away. You need to reactivate them using the control stalk.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘drivers not clearing their windscreens’ is closed to new replies.