Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Drilling a hole in a Pompino fork
  • 2orangey4crows

I fancy fitting a canti cable hanger to the fork of my Pompino. But there’s no hole on the front of the fork (though there is one on the back).

Has anyone done this? And will it explode/catch fire/turn to cheese and kill me if I drill a hole in it?

bencooper
    Free Member

Steel fork? Drill away…

2orangey4crows

Yep, steel fork. Heavy enough that I suspect it would easily survive nuclear conflict.

mickolas
    Free Member

bit off topic but I am considering getting a pompetamine fork and am really concerned with how it will ride. can you comment on the ‘compliance’ of the pompino fork? any comments much appreciated.

andyl
    Free Member

you can get cable hangers that fit on the steerer: http://problemsolversbike.com/products/category/brakes

2orangey4crows

mickolas – sorry, still not got around to building it up… will let you know when I do!

mickolas
    Free Member

thanks but no sweat. I ordered a kaffenback in black at the weekend. supplie of my alternative (cdf) appear to have dried up. went with the kaff as it has (very) slightly larger a to c and I am a bit worried about how steep my ha will end up.

2orangey4crows

Finally got around to building it up and riding it.

Lots of fun on muddy paths, though I’ll need bigger tyres for anything more (currently 25c). Fork isn’t exactly subtle/supple, but was better than I expected. Nice, fun bike. May even have a go at cx this winter.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Drilling a hole in a Pompino fork’ is closed to new replies.