Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Drilled bolt-on fixied cog – anybody used it?
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

As per this.

Sven

Yes, if you mean the ones by http://www.velosolo.co.uk/
    Does what it says on the tin, hasn't come loose yet, well made and not more expensive than 'normal' cogs.

rob1984p
    Free Member

looks like a very expensive way of going fixed

simon1975

Works for me – a very inexpensive way of going fixed if you already have a 6-bolt disc hub 😉

Velosolo supposedly offer a lifetime replacement warranty too, just in case you ever wear it out.

bedmaker

Works for me too. I drilled one myself, a cheapo that came with an on one singlespeed kit.
    Is a good way of going fixed because the chainline and spacing is easily shifted to suit different frames, and the XT hub is light and good quality.
    I built mine onto an open pro rim, dishless with perfect chainline.

Mines for sale if anyones interested. (Whole bike)

69er
    Free Member

Goldtec!

scaredypants

they seem really sensible to me – not sure why all fixed hubs aren't now made symmetrical & have a disc mount at either side (for 2 diff cogs, or cog & disc brake on the other side)

would stop WCA worrying (us all) about lockrings too

scaredypants

Actually, looking properly at hairy's link – what is that XT hub?
    I assumed it was a standard (9sp) hub that had been reversed & the cog bolted on to the rotor mounts but it isn't, there's no freehub at the other end is there?

– is it a front hub with extra spacers, or what ?

Brother_Will
    Free Member

It is a front with extra spacers and differnt axel, they sell a kit to do that too Here

Hairychested
    Free Member

But if you have an old road frame made of steel you can probably bend it to fit a regular front hub.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Drilled bolt-on fixied cog – anybody used it?’ is closed to new replies.