• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by wors.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Drifty riding
  • HermanShake
    Free Member

It seems to be all over the place and looks fun. How do I get some budge in the fudge?

Is it just a case of finding the balance between flat out and out of control? Unless there’s roots or breaking involved my tyres seem to behave themselves quite well.

Has it always been a style thing or is it some kind of fad?

kudos100
    Free Member

You have to expect a bit of drift in serious mud. If you are not drifting you aint going fast enough. 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

Fairly quick, but it should be controlled. Once you’ve started the turn, flick your hips into the turn slightly, works for me. It can mean you’re better set up for upcoming corners or technical sections as your bike is going in a straight line, but it’s fun more than anything.

HermanShake
    Free Member

I’m probably not going fast enough but it’s quite narrow and wiggly around here!

That makes sense about the hips, similar to a skateboard letting go of it’s grip. Does it help to lean the bike a little more than the corner asks for?

I’ll be out on Tuesday so will be trying your advice 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

Stick a semi slick on the back……you won’t need to ‘flick your hips’ much 😀

sambob
    Free Member

Depends on the tyres. If it’s a high roller, it’d be better in the middle. If it was a high roller semi-slick, it’d be better vertical. although you might get high-sided if you were vertical.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Put on slicks, easy.

HermanShake
    Free Member

I have Rocket Rons now. When I had a HR on the back it did let go a lot more, but only the rear wheel. I’m seeking a 2 wheel drift, I’m fairly comfortable with that sort of fish taily setup for a corner thing.

I think I value my face too much for slicks in the mud 😆

Burchy1
    Free Member

Rorschach – Member

Stick a semi slick on the back……you won’t need to ‘flick your hips’ much

+1

samuri
    Free Member

weight forward, hip flick. You can do it going slow.

iDave
    Free Member

you need the tyres that were raved about last year but have now lost any credibility and are shit that can’t possibly provide any grip

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Practice doing it at walking pace, essentially shoving the tyres down into the corners with your hips, then when it happens at speed it feels less un-natural 🙂

HermanShake
    Free Member

Ok, thanks team. It’s on today; new frame, dry day AND daylight.

Here’s a song from a woman who sounds like she has a boiled egg in her throat to show my appreciation:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUT5rEU6pqM[/video]

bkmad
    Free Member

What? Like this: [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHTaRpVzniw[/video]

At 38s

wors

Won’t someone think of the erosion! 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Drifty riding’ is closed to new replies.